The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2g gsx fuel gauge issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casem13

Proven Member
Apr 15, 2017
Olympia, Washington
ok so I’ve read a lot of posts about this issue but nothing really helps so I’m posting my own. My fuel gauge won’t go above an 1/8th of a tank. I put an new sending unit in it and it didn’t change. I grounded it out and the needle went to full and my low fuel light comes on when I’m low on fuel. The sender is not hitting anything inside the tank. I rebuilt my engine and before I rebuilt it the gauge did the opposite and wouldn’t register below a half of a tank. So I can’t figure this out. Any ideas?

If you own a gsx as your title suggests, you have 2 sending units since the car has a saddle style fuel tank. If you replaced one, and still have the same problem, check the other one.

Found the issue. It was the sender on the passenger side that was stuck. I adjusted it and my gauge went from reading almost empty even though there was a lot of gas in the car. Up to a quarter tank now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back