The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G GS-T Auto to Manual Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainDew Man

Probationary Member
Mar 9, 2011
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
I'm looking to do a manual conversion on my GS-T. I was wondering if I could use anything out of my 420a. Like fluid lines, shift cables, shift base, and any other miscellaneous things I might be missing. I know the transmissions are not the same, and I cant find any answers on Google just whats required for the swap not if anything from 420a cant be used.I'm only asking since my DD 5spd RS's clutch went out and its to rotted to fix, I know the 420a is pretty much a completely different car but I figure if I can use things for the swap it'd be great as it's been hard so as it is for me to track down parts. Thanks in advance, could really use the input and it's highly appreciated!

you can use the shifter, clutch and brake pedal and master cylinder. i think that's all. cables possibly. the 2 plugs for the clutch pedal is taped in the harness under the dash. best to use the 5 speed ecu to. the auto will pull timing in higher rpm and have different injectors

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back