The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 2g exhaust manifold on 6 bolt head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Which exhaust gasket is used for 2g manifold on 6 bolt head? Research done and I’m certain it’s a 6 bolt head. 2.0 on side of head above triangular 3 bolt thermostat housing and drilled hole is on the left side above #1 exhaust port. The previous owner replaced the exhaust studs but they’re 3 different sizes ughhh. Think the gasket below is for 7 bolt. Bottom half is barely on the head from what it looks like.
Thanks!!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My bad. Didn't see it sitting flush. it looked like it was sitting away from the head. Try flipping it around

Do you know the difference between 2g auto and manual ex mani?

Never mind. Haha

FYI. The gasket is an exact match of exhaust manifold.

My bad. Didn't see it sitting flush. it looked like it was sitting away from the head. Try flipping it around

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that where its getting stuck at? And not allowing it to sit flush?

1g heads have smaller end studs. 2g head have larger. That's why. 1g have all same size all around, 2g have all the same but 2 studs the ends

The 2G exhaust manifolds also use 10mm mani bolts on the outside runners, and 8mm on the inside, unlike the 1G which uses 8mm all around.

1g heads have smaller end studs. 2g head have larger. That's why. 1g have all same size all around, 2g have all the same but 2 studs the ends

Correct. Think the previous owner tapped the end bolts (plus one more). Maybe it fit better??? Don’t know if it was necessary.

The 2G exhaust manifolds also use 10mm mani bolts on the outside runners, and 8mm on the inside, unlike the 1G which uses 8mm all around.

3 14mm nuts, 1 11/16 nut and rest are 1/2 inch. Lmao:idontknow:

Doesnt matter 6bolt 7bolt 1g 2g all the manifolds bolt to each other and so do all the exhaust head flange gaskets... it’s not complicated LOL. Gasket is the same for all 4g63 evos also. If your having issues your using a bad brand or lower quality gasket. All oem mitsu MLS exhaust gaskets fit all 4g63 heads.

Also the 2g exhaust ports are slightly larger not that it matters much. But like stated before the only difference is the studs used. Make sure that you use some thread sealant on the middle bottom stud on the head side as it goes into an oil return passage to avoid oil leaking out onto the manifold.

Also the 2g exhaust ports are slightly larger not that it matters much. But like stated before the only difference is the studs used. Make sure that you use some thread sealant on the middle bottom stud on the head side as it goes into an oil return passage to avoid oil leaking out onto the manifold.
Ahh, good idea my friend. I forgot about that stupid oil galley.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back