The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2g Evo X\9\8 Brembo without JDM knuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I purposely had them clock down ward to give it a more aggressive look.
See here's a 1g with calipers clocked upward notice it doesn't look as mean or is it just me?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This car also has them clocked down too.

Ice_T did you use any spacer for your rims or you were just lucky that it barely cleared?

Last edited:
I dunno about that. Lemme send my pics. I think my car looks aggressive now.

I would rather shave my knuckles down a little then notch out my caliper like that, are you still making these brackets or would you share a drawing so I can have them made?

Ya I understand what the notching of the calipers is for on the new style bracket. I dont want to do that, I would prefer to have the spindle milled a little and not have to notch the caliper like the method in this post shows.

Also the JDM knuckles have came down a little in price at least the shipping has I am considering that route too for a complete bolt in experience.

looks more aggressive clocked upward it looks goofy clocked downward

Wow thats got to be a great upgrade for our cars, alot of cool stuff has come along since I last owned a dsm and now that I'm gettin back in with my 2G I'm glad to see people haven't lost hope with them LOL! KMV I'll pm you a few questions I have about the swap since I have a few sets of Evo Brakes at the shop.

Wow thats got to be a great upgrade for our cars, alot of cool stuff has come along since I last owned a dsm and now that I'm gettin back in with my 2G I'm glad to see people haven't lost hope with them LOL! KMV I'll pm you a few questions I have about the swap since I have a few sets of Evo Brakes at the shop.

Care to share the wealth with me? :sneaky:

here are some installed pics on my talon

Last edited by a moderator:
So can someone clarify that the rear EVO X calipers are not direct bolt on? What all needs to be done? I can get a great deal on a set of 4 but I don't want to waste my time if its not possible.

The only difference between the Evo X calipers (front and rear) are the length of the caliper ears to compensate for the bigger rotor. That being said, the Evo X rear Brembos WILL bolt right up to the 2g rear knuckle just like the VIII's/IX's, you'll just have to be sure and use a Evo X rotor with it since its bigger.

Very nice Corey!

Did you do the rears?
YES. :cool:

:dsm:

The rear evo X calipers would fit on 2g rears with a lot of cutting of the back plate and porting out the holes. Evo 8\9 rear rotors have to be used for this swap. Once every thing is done it actually fits better then the 8\9 rear does because it’s perfectly center not off by a couple millimeters like the 8\9. I would recommend the evo 8 calipers over X; less work, fits in 17" rims and cheaper rotors. The only good thing about the X is you know it can’t have too many mileages on it.

The only difference between the Evo X calipers (front and rear) are the length of the caliper ears to compensate for the bigger rotor. That being said, the Evo X rear Brembos WILL bolt right up to the 2g rear knuckle just like the VIII's/IX's, you'll just have to be sure and use a Evo X rotor with it since its bigger.

YES. :cool:

Thank you for the input Gofer but this guys post above says pretty much the opposite. He is saying on the rears you have to cut and port? Anyone know what he is referring to? Also says 8/9 rotor would have to be used? I need a definite answer before I'm stuck with calipers I can't use LOL.:hmm:

Thank you for the input Gofer but this guys post above says pretty much the opposite. He is saying on the rears you have to cut and port? Anyone know what he is referring to? Also says 8/9 rotor would have to be used? I need a definite answer before I'm stuck with calipers I can't use LOL.:hmm:
It seems we may need kmv to clear this up then as I have know personal experience, just reading. I tried finding more posts regarding this that I've read in the past and here was one I found interesting from kmv as well...
The evo 10 uses the same mounting point, offset and everything else. The only difference is it has longer caliper arm to compensate for the bigger rotor. No mix and matching rotors possible, either Evo 10 combo or evo 8\9 combo. About the milling part on the evo 10 calipers; it's very minimal about 1\3 the size of the section of the evo 8 in the picture is needed to be remove. evo x front pistons are 38\44mm on 13.8" vs 40\46 on 12.6" of evo 8 but the rear is 38mm on 13" vs 38mm on 11.8".
Conflicting info or am I just reading it wrong? From what I understand you've just got to mill the front caliper more if its from a set of Evo X Brembos. If there is porting on the rears then it would be nothing to hog out the rear knuckle ears to fit a bigger bolt through them. You'd have to have a die grinder anyway considering you'd be grinding the hell out of your front Brembo's/knuckle to do the swap in the first place.

It seems we may need kmv to clear this up then as I have know personal experience, just reading. I tried finding more posts regarding this that I've read in the past and here was one I found interesting from kmv as well...

Conflicting info or am I just reading it wrong? From what I understand you've just got to mill the front caliper more if its from a set of Evo X Brembos. If there is porting on the rears then it would be nothing to hog out the rear knuckle ears to fit a bigger bolt through them. You'd have to have a die grinder anyway considering you'd be grinding the hell out of your front Brembo's/knuckle to do the swap in the first place.

Lol now I'm just so confused:confused:. According to what he says in your post the milling of the X "FRONT" Brembo is 1/3 what is needed on an 8/9 due to the fact that the mounting arms are longer, therefore it sits further from the ears on the knuckle? Am I correct in this statement?
However I'm unsure if the post is referring to the "REAR" X calipers when talking about not being able to mis/match rotors. KMV please chime in when you see this.

The Rear evo x calipers bolt on to the 2g only with "evo 8/9" rotors.You also have to chop the hell out of the rear back plate and port out mounting holes for the bigger bolt.
attachment.php

The Rear evo x calipers bolt on to the 2g only with "evo 8/9" rotors.You also have to chop the hell out of the rear back plate and port out mounting holes for the bigger bolt.
attachment.php

Well that clears things up pretty well, thanks. Since your here, with the new design of brackets the caliper cannot be clocked straight forward right? What all has to be done to clock them up?

So evo x on the rear fit? Just need to drill the hole to make it bigger?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back