The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2g Evo X\9\8 Brembo without JDM knuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can you clear 17" +40 and +42 offset wheels?

I had people ask me this question a thousand times so I measured the difference up to give you guys a clear answer. If you got 22mm or more clearance between your stock calipers and your rims than you have nothing to worry about, any thing less would need spacer. Offset doesn't really matter its all about the clearance between the calipers and the spokes of the rims. Assuming you got 17" or bigger rims.

Won't this bracket move the calipers inward by about the thickness of the 2g ears? Would this throw off anything?

Thanks to duwackerTSi69 i got these bad boys fully load for $300 just the brake pads and clips\pin are worth that. The best part is both caliper share the same pads.:hellyeah: why can't mitsu shit be cheap like GM. back to the drawing board to make new brackets for these with 14" nissan 370z/g37 rotors.

Glad to hear someone got them calipers. I was thinking about this the last coupla weeks if someone actually snagged them up? I like the cts-v calipers better then the evo ones. But those cts-v calipers are veerrrryyyy nice...

Cant remember if i read that your brackets will fit the cts-v calipers or just the evo calipers?

I actualy just installed the cobra calipers/rotors a coupla weeks ago, and now i wish i kinda went the other way with the evo/cts-v setup? The cobra uses a 1 inch thick rotor, will cobra rotors fit in a evo/cts-v caliper?

Anyway, glad to hear you picked thos calipers up and I could help.

Won't this bracket move the calipers inward by about the thickness of the 2g ears? Would this throw off anything?

So why not just have the bracket made thicker . ? ?

I uses spacer to center the caliper because it was easiest and cheapest. If you look at 3kgt brake bracket or other aftermarket kit they would either uses washer\spacer or incorporated the offset spacing into the bracket. even our stock caliper slide around on two bolt that are is 4-5" long and is connected on one side only , so its no big deal.

Glad to hear someone got them calipers. I was thinking about this the last coupla weeks if someone actually snagged them up? I like the cts-v calipers better then the evo ones. But those cts-v calipers are veerrrryyyy nice...

Cant remember if i read that your brackets will fit the cts-v calipers or just the evo calipers?

I actualy just installed the cobra calipers/rotors a coupla weeks ago, and now i wish i kinda went the other way with the evo/cts-v setup? The cobra uses a 1 inch thick rotor, will cobra rotors fit in a evo/cts-v caliper?

Anyway, glad to hear you picked thos calipers up and I could help.

cts-v brembo only has 90% of evo's braking power and that's with 14" rotors because it has smaller 36/40mm piston. I guest the cts-v is more rear bias because they uses 4 piston rear calipers and its RWD. Even 90% of the evo bracking force is more then what we need even stock awd calipers are good enough. I think what we are try to gain with these brakes are better heat distribution = less brake fade and better pedal feel.
btw I still working on a bracket solution for the cts-v with out milling the knuckles with 370z 14" Nissan rotors.

Last edited:
I uses spacer to center the caliper because it was easiest and cheapest. If you look at 3kgt brake bracket or other aftermarket kit they would either uses washer\spacer or incorporated the offset spacing into the bracket. even our stock caliper slide around on two bolt that are is 4-5" long and is connected on one side only , so its no big deal.

cts-v brembo only has 90% of evo's braking power and that's with 14" rotors because it has smaller 36/40mm piston. I guest the cts-v is more rear bias because they uses 4 piston rear calipers and its RWD. Even 90% of the evo bracking force is more then what we need even stock awd calipers are good enough. I think what we are try to gain with these brakes are better heat distribution = less brake fade and better pedal feel.
btw I still working on a bracket solution for the cts-v with out milling the knuckles with 370z 14" Nissan rotors.

Do you know how thick the 370Z rotors are? I would like to try those with my cobra calipers. I just dont know if they would fit in my 17'' Konig's?? I do know the rotor itself will fit, but when the caliper is on the rotor, the distance between the calipers new position to the rim wall??

I had to put some spacers on my roja's but no big deal because it just made my wheels flush and not stick out.. This is a great product with an even better seller, he always responds to all PM's and tries to help as much as possible. :thumb: once again thanks!

I had to put some spacers on my roja's but no big deal because it just made my wheels flush and not stick out.. This is a great product with an even better seller, he always responds to all PM's and tries to help as much as possible. :thumb: once again thanks!

you have any pictures of the install?

I just dropped my driver's side knuckle and bracket off at the machine shop. They quoted me $85 for it. Seems kinda pricey, granted it's a quote only and it's a well known shop in my area.

Maybe because it's well know shop LOL, take it some where else that has a milling machine. Rembere to rough cut the knuckle first then have someone mill it finish. any more then $50 per set is too much, if u were near by i can get i done for $40 cad.

if shipping wasn't a problem i'll sell you my pre machined knuckles for $160.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I only dropped 1 side off. I'll be researching around more to drop the passenger side off. This isn't just a machine shop for the brackets. I'm looking to establish a relationship with one so I can bring blocks and heads to have work done.

Sorry I don’t have any pics but I'm putting in ARP long studs and Rotora slotted and cross-drilled rotors so I'll take pics then.. You can do the cutting your self its really not that hard to do just got to have the right tools. I didn’t even have to take the spindles off did it while it was on.. Also KMV you should paint them or let us know to paint them before we install them :p over all great purchase experience.

Big Brake Kit w/KMV adapter! :thumb:

Attachments

• my talon.jpg
    my talon.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 4,125
Im buying Evo 9 front brakes on saturday. I would like to run a 14in rotor. Could you fab up brackets for that and which rotor should i get? The g37?

:hmm: don't know if the caliper housing could fit the 14" rotor if you know what i mean. let me work on that, i'll let you know if its possible or not in a week.

Cool. Im picking the brakes up this weekend. Hopefully youll know soon.

Good news, I just came up with a solution to mount evo 8 brembo calipers with evo 8 rotors on dsm (yes, 1g too) with no modding to knuckles at all. The redesign will be a two leveled bracket and the only modding needed will be is some minor porting to calipers. I will start a new thread on this once I uploaded some pictures. Could some body please delete this thread because this method is no longer economical.

Great innovation, to bad for me I just machined down a set of knuckles. Oh, well at least I should have my Evo brakes on in about a few weeks once this quarter ends.

I just finished to install the kit on my car. I don't know why the front caliper is looking downwards?

anyway, in general I'm happy, because it was something to fit caliper on my wheels. I put some spcers (washer) and grind the caliper where the pads is sitting, to avoid friction between the disc and caliper.

see pics:

Attachments

• photo 007.jpg
    photo 007.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 707
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 539
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 513
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back