The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g eclipse gs-t calipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deafinite

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 3, 2012
newmarket, ON_Canada
hey guys,

I am in Canada, so its pretty hard to find parts for my car, so I wanted to know what is a good set of brake calipers for a 2g eclipse gst? i like brembo's and i know evo 8 brembo caliper would fit, but unfortunately, evo 8's is never sold here, so no luck. what about wildwood ? anyone has it and is it good ? like legit? i am planning to build my car up to 300 hp, nothing to fancy and fast, i just want like proper, clean dsm. any help would be appreciate it!

I vote outlander fronts, stock rears. Slotted/drilled if you want but make sure to put in the SS lines. I run that with the expensive "House" brand pads and it was night and day over stock 2g gst brakes

If you want the best at a reasonable, term used loosely) then go with the brembos off an evo, like you mentioned. There are even better setups but you're talking near 2 grand. Maybe more. Even evo brakes will set you back, after everything needed and accessories, at least 800 or more. And thats used.

You can do the outlander setup up front and a early 95 rear in the back. best bang for the buck. Unfortunately it still a 500 dollar ordeal cause finding those rears is impossible. You have to buy new last time i checked.

Check the salvage yards local to you for front calipers from AWD DSM's, or Non-turbo Dodge Stealth. Same calipers, except for how the brake line fits. Caliper rebuild kits are pretty cheap.

I have Stealth calipers on my ESi, and my TSi AWD is getting the Outlander brake upgrade.

RTM Racing has brake upgrades local to you if you want new everything.

Stealth calipers are not quite the same. Piston sizes arne different from dsm. Do not mix and match. Brake bias will change depending on what you choose.

Okay.... well they bolt up, and fit over GSX Rotors. I'm using GSX front pads in them. They work awesome on my ESi that I added GSX rear discs to.

From the Centric caliper diagrams, they both have 43mm bores. Dual Piston. Only diff is GSX caliper brake line has banjo fitting.

Now that I think about it more.... the bias is changing no matter what he does. Bigger fronts are shifting it forward.

Last edited:
Yes of course it will change but my point is they are not the same. Try using one 3kgt caliper and one dsm caliper and find out what happens. Bias changes both times. Ideally you should change the propotioning valve also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back