The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 2G Door Aluminum Handles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockey1013

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I have searched here and on other sites but couldn't find anything recent. I am tired of breaking door handles and I remember seeing aluminum handles somewhere that someone was making. Anyone know somebody or some place that is doing this? Thanks ahead of time.

I found that the ones you buy from parts stors are cheap made and break easy. Let alone driver side is 20 bucks and passenger side 30 bucks. Not worth the money or time to mess with them.
I just bought 2 passenger side off ebay for like 8 bucks a piece. I have to say they are alot better quailty and the fit is spot on. I even noticed they work better with out all the flexing the others do. Time will tell if they last as long as the factory ones. Even if it last a year or two for 8 bucks with free shipping I wont feel ripped off.

The shop that bought the molds for the aluminum handles went out of business a few years ago.

You'd be lucky to find a set. I regret ever selling the set that I had.

Just like Psycho said, aluminum handles used to be made. I think someone may still have the mold, but I'm not sure.

try azdave he is on this site i got the door handle kit he makes and they are super strong i have lambo doors and have no problems

I found that the ones you buy from parts stors are cheap made and break easy. Let alone driver side is 20 bucks and passenger side 30 bucks. Not worth the money or time to mess with them.
I just bought 2 passenger side off ebay for like 8 bucks a piece. I have to say they are alot better quailty and the fit is spot on. I even noticed they work better with out all the flexing the others do. Time will tell if they last as long as the factory ones. Even if it last a year or two for 8 bucks with free shipping I wont feel ripped off.

Hmm Maybe I will check this out. I know what you mean about the cheap flexing. I have had this before. You say the ones on eBay dont flex though? They seem pretty solid?

try azdave he is on this site i got the door handle kit he makes and they are super strong i have lambo doors and have no problems

Is this the kit that you have to cut and use JB Weld and stuff? I used it on the broken door handle and it didnt hld up too long. Myabe I will get 2 new handles and use the mod kit then.

The eBay door handles will hold up a little better than the the ones you get from Autozone, but will still break. I've been through a total of five between both doors and I've had my car for just under two years. Its at a point where I've debated just shaving them but trying not to cause though I love the smooth look of shaved I also love the way these handles look overall. Maybe I could get my dad to help create the aluminum set he's a machinist, ill look into it. Maybe he will if enough people are interested

The eBay door handles will hold up a little better than the the ones you get from Autozone, but will still break. I've been through a total of five between both doors and I've had my car for just under two years. Its at a point where I've debated just shaving them but trying not to cause though I love the smooth look of shaved I also love the way these handles look overall. Maybe I could get my dad to help create the aluminum set he's a machinist, ill look into it. Maybe he will if enough people are interested

If you could make these I'm sure a lot of people would by them seeing how there is such a problem with the plastic one. If I had the tools to do it I would def.

That's my thought. With all the 2g on here that deal with this everybody would want a set I think. Even the eBay plastic handles are $20 a set, multiply that by however many times they get replaced, everyone would invest in them. Then the people making the shit plastics ones would dissappear. Its genius. Lol

The kit he makes is to repair handels. If you were to make the whole handel part out of aluminum then no toes would be steped on.

I don't know if I'm just lucky or what. My RS I've had for 3 years now, daily drove it for 2 and half years and I haven't had a single door handle break on me. Not on my Talon either. On my GS-T however both door handles are broken, but that is how I bought it.

The problem is mostly in the handle return spring. If you decrease the coils diameter of the spring before installing you wont have as much a problem. This spring is just used to return the handle into position and ends up being overkill for such a simple task.

I'll be doing an article on it soon.

:shhh:
ive got a set of the aluminum ones..

picked em up a little while ago from someone selling them, took me 2 years to find a set..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back