The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G compression test

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackdemongsx38

Probationary Member
May 15, 2018
IRVING, Texas
So I recently got my 97 GSX up and running after sitting for almost 4 years. Engine is a rebuilt 7bolt with stock internals with about 40k miles on it. Got BPUz, FMIC, 550cc and walbro 255 with Frank 3 turbo. Engine cranked right up after i changed the oil, bpr7es, and battery and sounds great no smoke or misfire. Well i decided to do a compression today and i got 140 compression on cyl 4 2 1 and 150 on cyl 3. Did the test twice and same results. What are yalls opinions, is the engine almost done or do yall recomend i do a leak down test. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Its a 2G 7bolt rebuilt with the 2g stock pistons.
I let it idle for about 15 mins and let it cool down for about 15mins after, keep in mind i dont drive it right now since i dont insurance on it yet. Also i pulled the "engine" fuse out to do the test. Do you suggest i drive it for a good 30 minutes to warm it up good?

The car needs to be warmed up to get accurate readings on the compression test. Do it with the car completely warmed up to normal operating temperature then post your results.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back