The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Drag Race Build 2g awd swap forward facing 6466

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I heard of people having issues with their wideband so close to the end of the exhaust. Apparently it reads leaner? Hopefully you don't have that problem.

Last Friday we strapped the car down on the dyno finally! This is still on my tune at 38 psi on the 6466. Maxed out the injectors that are in the car, could have switched to the 2150's and made a lot more power but decided against it being that I am happy with what it put down. So here are the results:
After driving the car to the dyno strapped the car down
On regular 93 pump gas made 657 awhp and 547 tq on a Mustang dyno!
IMG_6479.JPG

IMG_6478.PNG

IMG_6468.JPG

IMG_6476.JPG

Filled her up with some Cam2 110 racegas and added 1 degree of timing at the top end on the same 38psi
and the final number we left off with was 673 awp and 547 tq!
IMG_6474.JPG

Had a decent turn out for the dyno too! This was a last minute dyno day
IMG_6485.JPG

I am very happy with the results, feels good to have self built something in my garage, self tuned it on the street and put down some gnarly numbers on a mustang dyno like this.

Also, had a successful Shootout weekend, drove the car an hour there, drove it an hour no home issues, no over heating nothing! Had a blast only 1 more year to go until the next one!

IMG_6362.JPG

IMG_6360.JPG

IMG_6366.JPG

IMG_6345.JPG

This was my house leaving out Friday morning with our dsm parade
IMG_6332.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6483.JPG
    IMG_6483.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6344.JPG
    IMG_6344.JPG
    441.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6471.JPG
    IMG_6471.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 52
That's why I call this the pump gas hero! haha, Towards the end of the season we are doing another dyno day at that same shop and thats when I will throw the 2150's in and probably E85and crank up the boost until the ignition systems cuts out

Nope! Still the same old 2.3L I built in 2008. Last winter I had planned on swapping over to a 2.0 but never did, probably will this year before this thing grenades and damages the head

That's why I call this the pump gas hero! haha, Towards the end of the season we are doing another dyno day at that same shop and thats when I will throw the 2150's in and probably E85and crank up the boost until the ignition systems cuts out
Or the transmission say **** you LOL. Great numbers man, impressive for sure especially on a MD!

9/14/17
Not much has been going on with the car, really just doing a lot of street driving. Seems like every time I want to race the weather takes a turn or life happens. Still haven't been out to the track since the trans broke, so basically the car has had 1 real pass all year which kinda stinks. Was gearing up for test n tune this Friday and it turns out the track isn't even having anything going on. 2 more weeks to wait now until the next TNT.

Only small update I have is I finally got my hands on a staging brake. It was originally tied to a factory e-brake handle so the old owner cut the handle off of it so I had to make my own. Turned out pretty sweet!
I still need to shim the left side of the staging brake to bring the handle more to the right and run the brake lines yet.
IMG_6649.JPG

Also, found this cool picture someone took at the shootout.
IMG_6651.JPG

I am extremely happy with the car this year, I can go on hour long trips with my other half just cruising or take it out and beat the ever living crap out of it and return home in one piece. This is the year that I needed over the last 9 years of always having issues it seems.

The only real plans for this winter are going to be cutting the roll bar out and installing a new 10 point cage, a special someone from Archer Fab is working on a pretty awesome parachute mount that I CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on and that's really about it. I might focus on the interior this down season, really clean up, install new switches and some misc things. I just really am hoping that the engine gets to stay in the car this time.. haha!

Just got around to uploading the videos from the track from a few weeks back to youtube:

Enjoy!

This Friday I took a vacation day to go racing. Dragway 42 is doing a full prep event for 50 bucks a racer. COUNT ME IN! I'll be there from 10-4 9/22 in West Salem, OH. Really hoping to get my goal of that pump gas street tire 9!

**UPDATE 10/02/17**
09/29/17 went to Dragway 42 for the track rental from 10-4. Still having to baby shift the car due to the trans issues. Got there about 11:00 and the first pass of the day letting off a little passed the 1000' mark something just didn't feel right.. Coasted to an 11.0 at 134.

Next pass of the day the car started to misfire in 4th gear.. I swapped out plugs, different gaps, different plug wires, different kind of plus and nothing was helping. The breaking up was only happening in 4th gear. The only thing I didn't try was turning the boost down a few. The best pass of the day was a 10.5 at 142 while breaking up bad in 4th, this pass had my best 60' 1.7 and was looking solid for a personal best for me unfortunately ran into the issues again.. Until next time.

Here is the 10.5 at 142, I only stayed in it because I was upset and I was back half-ing the hell out of the other car and wanted to win the race haha

I managed to get 7 runs in and at least I was able to really dial in the launch and the 1/8 mile

**UPDATE 10/9**

So this past Friday I took the car to work and on the way home was doing some fun 2nd and 3rd gear pulls messing around. I was about 3 miles from home and decided to turn down a road that I could test out a 4th gear pull to see if it was still breaking up. So I start off in 3rd and as soon as I get into some real boost the car makes some god awful noise, pops out of 3rd and revs clear out to the rev limiter. Weird.. By now I've slowed down to about 20 mph so I shift back into 3rd and its gone. 3rd is now non existent :( Every other gear is ok so I was able to limp it back home to start the tear down. Should have the trans out tonight
I am wondering if I will be able to Frankenstein both broken transmissions together to one working one..hopefully
IMG_6890.JPG
IMG_6891.JPG

UPDATE 12/4/17

ANOTHA ONE.. threw another stock trans in the car. Only reason I didn't clean it up first is because we just bought a new house and I need to get this car on the road to move it. The trans will be coming back out this winter for a refresh anyways. With two good buddies lending some helping hands we slapped the trans back in and took her out for some street pulls in DECEMBER! What a sketchy blast that was with cold streets, I missed driving this thing so bad!! @goonie90gsx got a new gopro camera so we had to test it out!

Pump gas hero, with Tom in the "backseat" hahah

24177113_10159860296925651_115845253670404864_n.jpg
24232268_10155177159151274_9137683252745946128_n.jpg
24232126_10155177159171274_1122247238398406081_n.jpg
24301325_10155177159161274_8469537555759467341_n.jpg

Heres a little video Goonie made, pretty sweet!

Dare I say that I actually liked the car more with the previous setup? The car is still amazing but I loved the old wheels. BTW, what was the reason for the new FF turbo setup?

Dare I say that I actually liked the car more with the previous setup? The car is still amazing but I loved the old wheels. BTW, what was the reason for the new FF turbo setup?

I agree, these wheels aren't staying. The only reason I got them was because a buddy had them and I traded a wideband for them haha. Next season will be another wheel swap so something that will actually hook up :) There were 2 reasons for the new FF setup 1.) I didn't like how much of an angle the STM manifold set the turbo on 2.) I won the Eaton Motor Works manifold on a raffle. GRANTED... This manifold is not what we agreed on so I'm stuck with it for now. We agreed on a much cleaner looking manifold. In my opinion running #1 is lost and doesn't know where to go so he looped it around. I'm still indifferent about it. Lack of communication ..........................................................(not on my part)

I agree, these wheels aren't staying. The only reason I got them was because a buddy had them and I traded a wideband for them haha. Next season will be another wheel swap so something that will actually hook up :) There were 2 reasons for the new FF setup 1.) I didn't like how much of an angle the STM manifold set the turbo on 2.) I won the Eaton Motor Works manifold on a raffle. GRANTED... This manifold is not what we agreed on so I'm stuck with it for now. We agreed on a much cleaner looking manifold. In my opinion running #1 is lost and doesn't know where to go so he looped it around. I'm still indifferent about it. Lack of communication ..........................................................(not on my part)

oh i wasn't aware of that... hmmm

**UPDATE 12/18/17**
We moved into our new house over the weekend and I brought the 2g over yesterday. It was rainy, cold and crappy out but I managed to drive the car to its new home! All of this clutter is really bothering me in the garage but it will all get organized soon! feels so good to finally be out of that 1 car garage! We already started painting the interior of the house and I can't wait until spring so I can do some quick drywall work and paint the garage! Hopefully by next weekend I will have all my new garage cabinets up and start CLEANING!

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

BOXES EVERYWHERE, this is like maybe half of them haha

IMG_0254.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back