The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Drag Race Build 2g awd swap forward facing 6466

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where did you get the tubular rear subframes? I really want those. Thanks in advance.

I purchased mine through True Street Tuning out of PA. However, I would not advise anyone to do work with them. I won't bad mouth or say exactly what happened but if you want a tubular subframe just get a Magnus or see if Paul still makes them on here, you will have A LOT less headaches.

Correct, you still need the AWD gas tank because the driveshaft goes right down the middle of it. However... if you need an AWD gas tank I still have mine for sale with both sending units :)

**UPDATE 1/17/2017**

Got to work on the car for a few last night. The new manifold supplies will all be in by the end of the week so it was time to pull the old one off and get the turbo shipped out so Eaton Motor Works can start with his magic making a new one! Got just about everything taken out of the engine back except for the fuel system so I can get ready to pull the motor out. Unfortunately I DO have to pull it so I can tube the front end :(. I was looking forward for once not to have to pull it haha!
Here as it sits, by this weekend I will have an empty engine bay!

aa1236.JPG

Off to storage

aa1235.JPG

Ready for shipping!
aa1234.JPG

aa123.JPG

aa1233.JPG

P.S. This manifold is still up for grabs! PM me for more information :)

The day I've been waiting for! My flanges just got delivered to EMW. Looking forward to updates in the build process, I will post pics here as they come in to me! Also, if you have been reading my build journal you will know that I have been chasing a smoking issue all year. After thinking I have fixed it many times I finally found the culprit. I was hoping this wasnt the issue since this is a brand new Curt Brown head with literally 300 miles on it but the valve seals in cyl 2 and 3 are leaking bad! Cyl 2 is the worst and 3 is just starting to leak..

aa123333.JPG

you can see in this picture how black cyl 2 is and caked with oil

aa1236.JPG

I should get some real wrenching time this weekend to pull the engine out and get to work with the sawzall cutting the front end off. Meantime heres a small update:

The collector has been started and looks incredible!

12333.PNG
12322.PNG

Also, got my hands on this Euroexport valve spring compressor and new GSC viton valve seals. I must say for the price this valve spring compressor is bad ***!

32313.JPG

1233233.JPG

123323.JPG

Just moved from Medina. Had I seen this thread sooner I would've come checked this beast out.

Wow. Tell him to put those 2nd sets of flanges to use and make another manifold for me!

Aw no way! Where abouts in Medina were you? I'm about 2 miles south of the square off rt 3
It was right off of 18 by 71. Just moved to Toledo. My girlfriend's parents live in Medina too and they've been kind enough to let me keep my talon there so whenever we are there I can probably be found driving up and down 18.

** UPDATE 3/1/17**
Got to work on the car a bit more over the past weekend. I was able to get the engine and trans out and bust out the SAWZALL! Got the core support cut off and time to start playing with some tubes!

IMG_4916.JPG

IMG_4920.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

IMG_4919.JPG

Also, finally got a new tow rig for this year! Excited to see my car behind this beauty!

IMG_4940.JPG

Not an update on my car however, this is my buddies car that we keep at my house. Built motor/trans, comp 6465 when our cars are done they are going to be very similar! Brandon went to town cleaning his bay out over the last week prepping for paint and I'd say he did a hell of a job! This is going to look absolutely beautiful when its done.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

8768.jpg
87688.jpg
9879.jpg

4564567.JPG

Dude I have the same valve spring compression tool. I got half way through the head and the bolt was already stressed out, and wouldn't come thread in smooth anymore. I had to buy a new bolt for .85 cents works now but that was disappointing.

That engine bay looks awesome! what color is that looks gunmetal with flake?

Last edited:
I hope the tool lasts for me haha! As for the color of his bay its a one off. He had some left over paint from school he made with a lot of flake in it and also had another half quart of another black paint with flake that he mixed together and I'd say it turned out awesome!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back