The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Drag Race Build 2g awd swap forward facing 6466

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice, now send the 6466 on over as payement..

I spoke too soon! After almost starting to pull the transmission off I decided to try one last ditch effort. Ran over to Autozone, swapped for another starter(the second new one) and VOILAA! Started right up no grinding or anything! I inspected everything again, the starter plate was exactly where it needed to be, everything is torqued nothing was broken or out of place. DARN IT AUTOZONE

Last edited:
Man, I'm not a fan of the 2g but you're making a really compelling argument. I need more friends who know how to fab and weld, good stuff going on in that engine bay.

Oh were you there or watching it live?

Two of my dsm buddies and I took the 8 hour trip there, it was sweet but probably won't go back next year.

Man, I'm not a fan of the 2g but you're making a really compelling argument. I need more friends who know how to fab and weld, good stuff going on in that engine bay.

Haha thank you!

**UPDATE 11/29/16**

As of Sunday the car is back in the "shed" for this winters projects which include:
-8 point roll bar converting to 10 point cage
-New 2.0 6 bolt Curt Brown bottom end will be replacing the old worn 2.3 7 bolt
-TMZ tcase and frontline fab brace
-TRE trans
-New front mount either ETS or Garrett with custom end tanks
-New FIC 2150's
-Redo engine harness
-I am sure there will be many more things to get done as I tear into it..

Pulling around into the back of my yard to my other garage
aaaa2342.JPG

Scored a sweet deal on a barely used Quarter Master 8 leg twin disk clutch.

aaaaatr4.PNG

Also scored this bullfab cross member and DSS driveshaft(Obviously this purple will be going..red is more my flavor)

aaaa12322.JPG

Nice update man! I sent you a quick message. I like the cross member

I haven't seen Bullfab update stuff in a while. I think I'm going to use Boosted Fab for my cross member. He has a good deal plus will add a lift point to it for extra $10.00.
cant beat that!

Last edited:
A good friend of mine parted his car out and between me and my other buddy we tried to get as much as we could off it to keep his parts in the friend group haha. That's where my carbon hood and hatch, DSS driveshaft, Bullfab cross member and steering wheel is from. My buddy got the built 6 bolt and Clutch Masters twin disk from him also. His 2g lives on with us now haha thanks Sam!

**Update 12/04/16**

Started to tackle the new harness last night. Always fun spending hours peeling off 20+ year old electrical tape! I managed to get the majority of the harness labeled and clean of old tape and wire loom. Once it is fully cleaned up I will be removing all of the unused connectors and depinning them at the ECU.

wireharness.JPG

Here is what I have removed so far, YUCK!
wireloom.JPG

From here I will be depinning each connector, sliding some heat shrink on, labeling and clear heat shrink over each end with the nylon braided wire loom. I actually enjoy doing this stuff!

Did some more work on the harness last night, got two connectors depinned, labeled and repinned. The temp gauge sensor needs a new connector that's why there is so much extra wire.
wire1.JPG

Just did these two labels. Back to pulling wires through the rats nest back to the ECU connectors and depinning.. 1 done-500 more to go!

wire3.JPG

95% of the harness is cleaned up of old nasty tape and wire loom
wire2.JPG

HECK NO! Just a change of setup for 2017, keeping the turbo just a different manifold and a couple of other major changes coming! I will keep this updated as parts roll in and things get cut off :)

man what a thread subscribed! who made the turbo manifold, or did I miss it?

Where did you get the tubular rear subframes? I really want those. Thanks in advance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back