The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Drag Race Build 2g awd swap forward facing 6466

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Home made mount for free haha! This angle is awesome!
IMG_1145.JPG

Couple small updates

Installed:
Dynatek arc2 ignition
FIC 1650's (kinda)
Omni 4 Bar map sensor
Chute cable and handle

Change some settings in link go to fire up the car and....nothing. Unplug the dynatek back to factory and nothing. Changed back to the old map sensor and nothing. Swapped old injectors back in and VOILA. Hooked the Arc2 and 4 bar map sensor and all is well. Have to figure something out with the injector situation. My buddy has some 1250's I might snag, will be enough for 700-750 which is all I'm going for.
P.S. The wires are no longer crossed, it looked stupid hahah

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1299.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    502.8 KB · Views: 89
MAYDAY MAYDAY!!!
Took the car for a cruise to work last Thursday - started up just fine drove fine(actually didn't rip on it on the way to work either) Go out to fire it up to grab a bite to eat and the starter is just spinning..bummer dang autozone parts I thought to myself. So we pushed my car into the shop and I pulled the starter out and for some reason I reached into the starter hole to see how the ring gear was and sure as s#%! it came off the flywheel. This is the older style "race" 2 piece quarter master flywheel. Come Friday I ripped the trans off to asses any potential damage which thankfully was none. Get the flywheel and ring gear back together slap the trans on and go to take it out for a spin. Stopped at a local parts store to get a set of plugs, come back out and the ring gear CAME OFF AGAIN!! WTF. At this point I was/am irritated as can be. Luckily this time I was able to pull the starter, T case and inspection plate to re seat the ring gear. Now I am just waiting for someone with a tig that can come fusion weld this thing on here.

IMG_1480.JPG

I really need to find a trailer, luckily down the street from the office is a towing shop that hooked me up with a free tow back home.

IMG_1482.JPG

**OVER IT SOMEONE GET ME A BEER**
IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

All in all was about 5 hours out and back in with taking lots of breaks inbetween

IMG_1488.JPG

EROCSPEEDSHOP to the rescue, big shout out to Eric for coming to get my car Saturday to bring it over to Broken Wrench Performance to address my flywheel issue. Picked it up Sunday afternoon and had an interesting drive home.. Got pulled over for no license plate - it had a plate on it the night before. So either it fell off somehow or it got stolen? Long story short the officer used to drag race funny cars and asked a lot of questions about my car, was a genuinely cool guy. Followed me home so no other police would mess with me. Cruised up to the BMV yesterday and grabbed a new set of plates. Ready to go for the EROCSPEEDSHOP dyno day this sunday!

IMG_1553.JPG

BAD A$% trailer!!

IMG_1554.JPG

I have a plate here...

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.PNG

Moments before getting pulled over haha

IMG_1557.JPG

No vibrations, no weird noises, starts up perfect. Works for me!

Good luck this weekend :thumb:

Thanks man! I'm contemplating throwing my other injectors in and slap a quick tune on it just so I can break that 700 hp number! I dont know if the weather will hold, worst case I can tune it on my way to the dyno because its a no tune dyno day, just doing pulls for fun Should be a lot of cars up there!

EROCSPEEDSHOP dyno day yesterday, had a blast!! Same dyno I was on last year that made 673/547. Drove the car up from home(30 min drive). Made it halfway there and hit a bump and realized my hood pins WERE IN MY GARAGE!!!! I can't believe I made it that far with no hood pins.. So yet again a random zip tie to the rescue, I just looped a zip tie through the holes haha. Make it to the shop where the show is at and everyone convinced me to hop on the dyno. The highest hp winner had a free dyno. Same boost levels as last year, same everything so I am expecting 650+. Strap it down and it made 543/499 WTF. Must be a massive boost leak somewhere or something - still won most hp so at least it was free!! Then, on the way home I blew a coolant line off but I was locked out of my hood and stranded on some country road in the middle of nowhere so I had to get a tow. I officially NEED A TRAILER again. Time to do a boost leak test!

IMG_1619.JPG

Here are some more shots taken from Sunday! I found where 130hp went also, stripped out T-bolt clamp that @goonie90gsx was supposed to remind me to change LOL!
This shot shows off my zip tie hood pins pretty good haha
IMG_1646.PNG

IMG_1647.PNG
IMG_1648.PNG
IMG_1649.PNG

The sad dyno sheet
IMG_1641.JPG

Also, *GARAGE UPDATE* one wall is almost done, 3 more to go! Didn't take a picture but I put the first coat of black on the cabinets, it looks waaaay better than before.

IMG_1635.JPG

**UPDATE 7/8/18**

Ended up roasting the headgasket on the dyno, so that was a bummer.. Slapped the new head gasket and L19's in the car this past Friday. Attempted the 1650's again with no luck. Was planning on going to Slo Motion track day Sunday so yet again, FIC 950's to the rescue. These things are troopers! By Saturday afternoon car was running great! For the first time I filled it up with 110 to go to the track, cranked the base fuel pressure up to about 60, cranked the boost up to 42 and achieved some personal bests! The event was extremely slow so unfortunately I was only able to get 3 passes in. First pass was on lower boost, 11.0 at 140, then 10.5 at 145 and then I bogged reallllly bad and went 10.8 at 146. I picked up 3 mph from last year! Once I figure these launches out these times will get closer to my 9 second goal!

The beginning of the tear down
IMG_1890.JPG
QAIK2222.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG
IMG_1750.JPG

This tool is a life saver!!

IMG_1823.JPG

Blew the back of cyl 2 out on the gasket

IMG_1932.PNG

IMG_1825.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1886.JPG
IMG_1889.JPG

This was probably 2am friday night! Gotta do what you gotta do!

IMG_1890.JPG

Saturday morning getting a much needed bath!

IMG_1913.JPG
IMG_1914.JPG
IMG_1912.JPG

@goonie90gsx cruised on over to my house Sunday morning to head out to the track together!

IMG_1925.JPG

First round of eliminations half the class already broke.. This plus maybe 5 others was all that was left in the Subaru vs Mitsubishi class. Being that we had been at the track since 9 am and the first round of eliminations wasnt until 6pm I raced my first eliminations round with a bye and then took off to head home.
IMG_1929.PNG

VIDEOS! here is the 10.5 at 145

and the 10.8 bogged to death at 146

Overall it was a successful day, I drove to the track, raced and DROVE HOME!

Attachments

• IMG_1737.JPG
    IMG_1737.JPG
    563 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1828.JPG
    IMG_1828.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 85
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back