The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Drag Race Build 2g awd swap forward facing 6466

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haha @mikEclipse99 beer always helps get the job done!

Were pulling my bumper off tonight for sure, just got everything I need to get this project done this weekend!

IMG_0593.jpg

After putting up an impressive fight I managed to get the bumper off. Pretty sure every bolt broke I'm in for a lot of drilling and tapping.. BUT ITS OFF! Took a trip out to Summit Racing to grab a tube to get bent for the main tube part of the chute mount. Tube is getting bent today, pending all goes well I should be able to start making the rest of it tonight! PICS

I will be remaking this basically. 2 90* bends into the frame rails and the tether mount will get welded to this with supports.

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

I suppose I could take that factory exhaust hanger off haha. Also, my new FIC 1650 injectors from Andrew Robinson came today! Always a good experience buying parts from him.
IMG_0612.JPG

Look up KSR performance on facebook, my other good buddy who is now making intake manifolds. I am going to be switching to one of his drag versions maybe this year but probably next. Also thanks man, us Ohioans gotta stick together haha!

The S&W Racecars roll bar that @goonie90gsx is getting is the same one I have. The main hoop fits absolutely perfect in mine so lets hope it does in his because were installing it at my house haha. If it doesn't there is plenty of beer in the fridge to make something work!

Thanks ill look them up. I would say that we should get some NE Ohio guys together and go for a cruise this spring, but I doubt this is going to be a "crusing" Dsm LOL. Either way if you or anyone else needs help with anything, feel free to ask. Id be happy to meet some locals again. We are a dying breed that needs to stick together for sure LOL. I used to have DSM friends, but they all sold them off. Now its just me, my buddy with his Evo X, and my girlfriend with her 1G.

This honestly was a lot of fun to make. All thats left is to cut the end to length and bring it over to KSR to have my buddy tig it all. Picking up my Simpson skyjacker tomorrow!

IMG_0614.JPG

This is the best $30 harbor freight tool I think I've ever bought!

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

Turned out just how I wanted!

I would say that we should get some NE Ohio guys together and go for a cruise this spring, but I doubt this is going to be a "crusing" Dsm

Believe it or not myself, @goonie90gsx and our other buddy Brandon Dostal(he is the black built, comp 6465 1g that is pictured earlier in my journal) cruise all the time in the summer. For a could weeks me and Brandon would meet up every Monday after work and probably put 50 miles on the cars

Believe it or not myself, @goonie90gsx and our other buddy Brandon Dostal(he is the black built, comp 6465 1g that is pictured earlier in my journal) cruise all the time in the summer. For a could weeks me and Brandon would meet up every Monday after work and probably put 50 miles on the cars

That is awesome! If you guys don't mind, I could shoot you a message in the spring time and maybe we could all meet up a do some cruising this spring / summer. I'm in Akron so I am not far at all.

Looking sick Mike hopefully I’ll be ordering my cage this week so we can get started on it. @jakk220 im down for sure it’s always nice having more guys to cruise with!
Awesome! I'll be looking forward to it!

**UPDATE 02/19/18**
Picked up the chute yesterday so I had to test fit it! still have the reinforcement tubes to weld on but this is gonna look mean when I'm street driving it! Weather is really warming up here this week, hopefully I can find time to yank the trans out before next week because @goonie90gsx cage gets here then! Hoping mine is back together so we can roll it out of the garage so we have all the room for his cage install.

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

MORE STUFF! FINALLY, finally picked up 26" Hoosier QTP's and 15" rota slips. I have wanted this combo for years and I finally bit the bullet and bought them! Now I can't wait to get the car back on all 4 to see how its going to look! Also, yanked the trans off Friday night and brought it up to my buddies Sunday to tear it apart and weld the diff. Luckily he had another diff laying around because this one probably wasn't going to last much longer! PICTURES

This does no justice because the lower control arm is off so the wheel is just sagging down haha. Hopefully I can get the trans back in today!
IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

New "paint job"
IMG_0710.JPG

Here is the old diff, this wouldn't have lasted long!

28535904_10204291735851515_212524480_n (1).jpg

28450296_10204291735931517_1477677095_n.jpg

IMG_0698.JPG

Record timing, threw the trans in solo yesterday evening. Went in first try, never slipped off the jack once- new record for me. Within an our and a half I had everything just about buttoned up. All that is left is the front mount and piping! Had to take this opportunity to slap the new setup on and see what it looks like. OH MY LAWRD IM IN LOVE. -enjoy

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG
IMG_0716.JPG
IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0715.JPG

Started messing around with an idea of an intake. Had to take a picture with the whole tube because it was hilarious looking haha! Still a lot more trimming to do but you get the gist of it. Keep in mind this is still my old crappy headlight, I'm still working up the courage to cut my new crispy headlight up!

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back