The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2g AWD auto vs manual axels??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApexVIII

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 12, 2008
Modesto, California
i know the rear axles are the same for 2g AWD Auto and manual, but what about the fronts?

looking at JNZ OEM online catalog
i see the left axle there is four options (auto/manual with and without ABS)
where the right only has two options (with and without ABS)

im swaping from manual to auto and need to make sure i have the right axles

Can someone tell me how to tell the difference? Is it total length of the arms or what exactly how do I know what set of front axles I have?

I traded all my manual stuff for a guy with for all his auto stuff

He got kragen remains for the passengers side arm and the outer half of the drivers side. But when I put the drivers side together it looked to be the exact same length as my manual front axle

For whatever it is worth... I swapped my car from manual to auto and use the same axles. The only part I had to swap was the intermediate shaft to an automatic shaft as it is a different length. Not sure if I got lucky or if this is how they all are.

For whatever it is worth... I swapped my car from manual to auto and use the same axles. The only part I had to swap was the intermediate shaft to an automatic shaft as it is a different length. Not sure if I got lucky or if this is how they all are.

thank you for that info! maybe its just the intermediate shaft that is different

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back