The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2g Auto HY35 T3 Compressor Clearance Problems..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still have a small boost leak and coupler to replace, but the car is running better. I'm seeing 42 lbs/min at 26 psi. Roughly the same boost pressure as the old B16g, but almost 10 lbs/min more airflow. Not bad for a $100 200k mile turbo.

Full 3" exhaust with cat, completely stock 7 bolt engine aside from head studs. Next weekend's project is the speed density conversion and to mess with the wg for more boost.

Still have a small boost leak and coupler to replace, but the car is running better. I'm seeing 42 lbs/min at 26 psi. Roughly the same boost pressure as the old B16g, but almost 10 lbs/min more airflow. Not bad for a $100 200k mile turbo.

Full 3" exhaust with cat, completely stock 7 bolt engine aside from head studs. Next weekend's project is the speed density conversion and to mess with the wg for more boost.
I believe you should be getting a whole lot more airflow than that no? I'm getting 38-40lbs/min on an evo 3 16g at about 22-23 psi.

I don't see a dsm profile. Do you have aftermarket cams or stock @1slowhatch ? Some FP2's or 272 cams will defiantly help out with more airflow.

Completely stock engine, including the stock cams. I think speed density should get me a lb or 2 more. Plus I'm at 4500 ft elevation.

I'm not sure if cams are worthwhile. I think I could increase boost pressure and make the same power. I'm not sure, maybe the cams would make more power at a lower boost pressure and help the stock small rods live..?

That's what helped my 16g setup bc272's got good mid and top end from it. I've got hks264 in the gvr4 and love them on my 14b for autox ;) might get another set of bc272's for the holset or fp2's.

How does it idle with those cams? Do you know how much airflow you picked up?

Exactly. More boost is not always the best. Cams will open it up more for you as they did for me. Speed density will get rid of the restriction robbing you of lbs also. Plus it looks so much cleaner :D:sneaky:

What cams are you running? FP2s? I'm looking at those and maybe a Delta regrind. Anybody know what the regrinds cost??

Also, hate to bench race, but what kind of 1/4 mile times can expect with 41-42lbs/min? The car will easily launch with 20+ psi with a small shot of nitrous :) It is pretty heavy, full weight 2g auto, no weight reduction, actually heavier than stock with FMIC, bigger turbo/cast manifold, and nitrous kit.

Last edited:
Probably mid to low 12's. I'm using Brian Crower or Crower 272's with BC titanium valve springs and retainers.

There are some members here selling FP2's for a decent price.

Yeah, saw a few good deals on FP2s.

It feels (not that my butt dyno is all that great) faster than my mustang on the motor (ran low 13's). I'd guess maybe low 12s on a good launch.

Ill be hopefully fixing the boost leak tomorrow with a new coupler. I'll shim the wg actuator a little afterwards. I hope I can eek 30 psi out of it. Hopefully pick up some airflow.

I pulled off 12.4's with my s16g setup and it wasn't done. If the stupid balance shaft belt wouldn't have taken out my motor, I would have made high 11's. Was constantly flowing 36-37lb/min at 19.5-20psi. And this was a full weight gst Haha. Seat time brotha and a good tune ;)

I pulled off 12.4's with my s16g setup and it wasn't done. If the stupid balance shaft belt wouldn't have taken out my motor, I would have made high 11's. Was constantly flowing 36-37lb/min at 19.5-20psi. And this was a full weight gst Haha. Seat time brotha and a good tune ;)

Nice brotha. Gives me hope of running low 12's on my E316G. I flow around 39-40lbs/min at 27 psi dropping to 23ish. I do have some minor weight reductions. Have to get on a diet to lose some more LOL.

Shoot awd and a e316g for sure Bro. Should be able to break into high 11's once you get it down. Get boost by gear setup and nlts down and you will! My goal soon is to hit 11.99 with the gvr4 and the 14b hehe. Just need my 4bolt rear cuz I don't wanna be breaking axles out here LOL. That will be with 100oct and meth so I can get timing and boost. Hopefully next drag season I'll be back out with one of my cars. The wife keeps asking when the gst will be done, her favorite of my cars. Even thou it scares the crap out of her haha.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Slung a rod. 50 shot and 27 psi is too much for a stock 7 bolt rod. Anyone have a built 7 bolt to sell me?

Yeah, I think too much power. About 42lb/min plus a healthy 50 shot, all while footbraking it to launch it. No signs of detonation.. check engine light comes on with 2 degrees of knock and it didn't come on.

What's the best way to go? 6 bolt swap using Kiggly adapter? I've not had any issues with 7 bolt crank walk, but I am a little leary of it. I rarely see built high HP 7 bolts.

Since the motor is coming out today, I'm 99% convinced I'll be putting stout pistons/rods in the new engine. Turbo tuff rods..? Which pistons? I want to have plenty of engine to easily max out the Holset. Eventually going bigger, maybe he351 or HX40.

I run 7 bolted engine (2.3l) ,of course the engine is done (mahle pistons, manley 300m rods ) there is nothing wrong using 7 bolted engines especially in auto cars (im auto too)so this is where I am @ 44 psi revving to 9k

Attachments

• 2016-09-15 23.50.24 (Small).jpg
    2016-09-15 23.50.24 (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 78
I run 7 bolted engine (2.3l) ,of course the engine is done (mahle pistons, manley 300m rods ) there is nothing wrong using 7 bolted engines especially in auto cars (im auto too)so this is where I am @ 44 psi revving to 9k

What's your turbo setup? E85 or..? Do you like the stroker? I've heard rpm can be hard on them.

I won't need the kind of power you're making, but want it to be plenty safe at 65-70 lbs/min.

I'm from Canada so no e fuel I run 94 oct & lot of pure meth injection (1600 cc total 3nozzle )as for turbo dbb 6466 gen2 1.15 ar ts top mount manifold . I love the strokers especially with auto transmission . I rev my engine to 9k for past 3 years with no problems except I had to change my rods (previously eagles ) they did not like high boost, 50 psi on occasions haha . Btw no nos here 3.5 sec to go on convertor 17 psi

Attachments

• received_1002376389844880 (Small).jpeg
    received_1002376389844880 (Small).jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 73
I'm from Canada so no e fuel I run 94 oct & lot of pure meth injection (1600 cc total 3nozzle )as for turbo dbb 6466 gen2 1.15 ar ts top mount manifold . I love the strokers especially with auto transmission . I rev my engine to 9k for past 3 years with no problems except I had to change my rods (previously eagles ) they did not like high boost, 50 psi on occasions haha . Btw no nos here 3.5 sec to go on convertor 17 psi

Wow, I can't believe you keep that thing alive with only 94 octane.

No water in the meth kit??

What converter?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back