The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 2g Auto HY35 T3 Compressor Clearance Problems..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'd be tempted to make a push lock 2bolt flang to bolt on the pan like stock

I've got to the pull the pan to reseal it and fix 1 of the threads into the block. I still may weld the -12 bung to an adapter so I can go back to stock if need be.

Made a little progress. Mounted the wg block off/actuator. Test fit rad/fans (fits good). Made a stainless intake tube (have to drill a couple holes and slightly dent it @ intercooler pipe). How hard is it to convert to speed density? I think I have everything to do it. Is it any tougher to tune than with the stock mass air?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

How are you anticipating the wastegate flapper is going to open with the actuator pushing the opposite direction like that?

For what you're attempting to work, you'd need to re-mount the actuator lever to the bottom side of the housing....180* off of how it is on a stock HY35, as on a stock HY the actuator pushes toward the exhaust housing to open the wastegate; yours is pushing toward the compressor housing.

How are you anticipating the wastegate flapper is going to open with the actuator pushing the opposite direction like that?

For what you're attempting to work, you'd need to re-mount the actuator lever to the bottom side of the housing....180* off of how it is on a stock HY35, as on a stock HY the actuator pushes toward the exhaust housing to open the wastegate; yours is pushing toward the compressor housing.

Lol, good catch. I can just grind the weld on the flapper arm and rotate it, right?

That's what I was thinking LOL.

Fixed?

Got a few things done tonight. Not sure if the -12 drain fitting deal is going to work. No room for the nut on the turbo. I probably should have offset the flange some before welding.

Also grabbed a 4" coupler and t bolt clamps for the intake, welded a fitting in to the intake tube, gasketed the wg blockoff plate.

That was before he fixed it. Wouldn't it not make boost (Maybe a few psi) due to the flapper being pulled open instead of being held closed? If he could make all the boost than why did he need to fix it. Like when the wastegate arm falls off you make no boost.

No, originally he had it so the wg actuator would hold the gate closed, and keep pushing pressure on the gate as boost increased, so it would have over boosted. To infinite boost and beyond!

Worked on it a little tonight. Not super happy with the oil return. I was going to pull the oil pan to weld a -12 male fitting to the pan. Looks like a super pita. T case, crossmember, pan, front cv, possibly a arm...?? Too much work.

I chopped and measured the stock oil return (2g T25). It's larger in diameter than the -12 an fitting ID. I flared it slightly and slipped the -12 an pushlock hose over it. Tightened up a hose clamp over it. The turbo end is a -12 pushlock 45 degree fitting. I'm thinking of buying a different 3/4 NPT turbo drain fitting, along with a 3/4 npt to 3/4 nipple, then using the same -12 hose with clamps on both ends. Should be easier to take on/off, flow better, etc.

The car runs. I modified the intake tube to fit the stock mass air/smaller air filter. Filled it with coolant and motor oil. It has lots of boost leak issues I think I can fix. However, the big problem is, it's pissing coolant from the O ring at the coolant tube. It is a relatively new O ring already. I'm guessing I distorted or disturbed the o-ring seal there. Any solutions..???

The only thing I can think to do is drop the turbo and replace the O ring again.

Did the turbo compressor touch the waterpipe? This is the tube that connects to your water pump right. Did u have to dent it?

Yes, I had to significantly dent the coolant pipe for the turbo to fit.

I don't think it touches it all bolted down. Coolant is streaming from the coolant pipe o ring on the passenger side (below the coolant cap).

Replaced the o ring and the coolant leak seems to be fixed. Not sure if we disturbed it or it was just a low quality aftermarket o ring that got hard.

Tried fixing some boost leaks. Drove it around tonight. On wastegate pressure, I get a 20 psi surge in 1 st gear, holds 16 psi in 2nd+. Kinda lazy, maybe full boost around 5500 rpm in 1 st.

Put a boost controller on it, maxed out, I'm holding a consistent 26 psi through all the gears. Going to do a boost leak test on it tomorrow. Very rich tune up, tells me the I've got more boost leaks. I can only footbrake 1 psi...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back