The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2001 f150 antifreeze smell and coolant loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TypeONegative

5+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2017
Utica, New_York
On my winter truck (2001 f150 4x4 supercrew) I'm smelling coolant and loosing it but no drips, it' got the 5.4 where should I look? Shuld I attemp to use blue devil in it?where do these things usually leak? Do the intakes on these have coolant running threw them?

Check out the passenger rear of the intake manifold and the left front corner by the thermostat that's the most common areas. Dorman makes a decent replacement manifold for the 2 valve's. I've been a ford tech for 7 years

Check out the passenger rear of the intake manifold and the left front corner by the thermostat that's the most common areas. Dorman makes a decent replacement manifold for the 2 valve's. I've been a ford tech for 7 years
Thanks I notice it' plastic! On my 01 supercrew with the 4.6 it' all aluminum, maybe the 5.4s lost the aluminum in the supercrew not sure

For a winter beater that it is should it be OK if I keep to ing it off? My other cars and trucks we don' use in the salt so I just need it to work, I know how to replace it but have no time with my job, maybe I'll put some bars n there just a little as to not clog the heater core

Topping it off should be fine it all depends on how big of a leak it is and if it's getting into the spark plug wells. The bars I'd be leary of that just because of how easily the heater cores plug on these trucks. The passages are very small in the cores.

Possible lost its brakes yesterday, my husband was able to swerve into some grass and the mud bogged it to a stop, thank God him and our son are ok! Truck got fixed today still smells like antifreeze but now I'm told the cab is falling off! I' just gonna beat it to death then build a new winter beater, anyways here' the progress I made so far today, car will be painted friday or Saturday, Thanksgiving is a big thing this year especially Christmas because it could be my husbands last:cry:but if they can hurry up and fix this paralyzed diaphragm he can live a normal life:hellyeah: gotta keep praying for joe!

Attachments

• 20171121_170146.jpg
    20171121_170146.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20171121_143429.jpg
    20171121_143429.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20171121_143415.jpg
    20171121_143415.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 37
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back