The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build 1ga LS Killer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeper1ga

Proven Member
Oct 4, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Starting Point

So to begin I started with a 90 Eclipse GSX, Overall a clean shell, besides some rust on the driver rocker, and some minor dents/scrapes. Came no engine, with a manual trans/driveline.
IMG_2036_zpsu7mtzyjj.jpg

Goals/Intentions
  • The car will be a Grudge Racing/Lights Out and No Prep car, and frequent Mexico on occasion
  • Looking to take on some slightly modified gtrs, stangs, vettes, etc
  • Have the fastest street car out of my friends, which are some tough competitors such as a CTS-V(Pretty Modified), Charger(Procharged with spray 392), 72 Dart(Rowdy Small Block), 73 Challenger(700hp small block n/a, 4.30 gears, dot slicks, etc)
  • Attend and hopefully race at Streetcar Takeover Indianapolis(240miles, 3.5hrs drive)
  • If I get very good results, I might consider KOTS Junior Class...
General Build Information
  • Holset Turbo
  • Direct Port Nitrous
  • Automatic Transmission
Index
  • Exterior- Post #2
  • Interior- Post #5(Includes Kirkey seat installation photos)
  • Engine Build- Post #7

Attachments

• IMG_2036_zpsu7mtzyjj.jpg
    IMG_2036_zpsu7mtzyjj.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Exterior Modifications

When I purchased the car it was far from pretty, but for a 25 year old car the actual problems like rust wasn't too bad... but I definitely wasn't going to leave it the way it was.
IMG_2036_zpsu7mtzyjj.jpg

The Bad
  • Rocker Panel Rust
  • Random Blue Paint(Pretty sure I saved the car from beginning to be riced out when I purchased the car)
  • Many dents
  • Scraped Rear Bumper
  • No front bumper(although it came with a duraflex fiberglass bumper mounted with zipties, pretty ricey looking too)
  • Front Grille Tabs broken
  • Eclipse Trim(Just my opinion, not bad quality)
The Good
  • 90% of panels
  • No frame damage
  • Only 1 Major Rust spot
  • Panda-Honestly who can resist the white/black combo ;)
  • No sunroof leak
Updates
  • Motegi MR116 Rims(Wasn't crazy about the red outline but it looks better than expected, hard to beat the price)
  • BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 225/?/16*I'll update aspect ratio when I remember
  • 5pc Spoiler(Painted Satin Black)
  • Talon Grille(Satin Black)
  • Talon Tail Lights
  • Better condition fenders(primed)
  • Fiberglass hood(primed)
  • Bumper(Cracked but then professionally fixed and would never know, also primed)
  • Nightshaded Marker Lights
  • Oldstyle ETS FMIC
  • Ram Air/Velocity Stack(Not installed but will be when I drop the engine in)
DSCN3466_zpstp4dvswk.jpg

DSCN3212_zpsrqcsfvhk.jpg

Clean build, I love white 1gs. I'm glad your planning an "ls killer" in chicago and not here. I'm half an hour from STM and most of those guys won't even mess with new era performance (Local lsx shop) or the stuff they turn out. It's not unusual to see a 9 second street camaro/corvette around here.

Interior
Car came with decent interior, wasn't a major concern to me though. This section also explains why I believe he was starting to rice it...

The Bad
  • No Headunit/stereo
  • Seats were good condition leather with cloth centers(However once again sprayed blue, which failed and looked like smurf piss)
  • Door handle backing plate was blue
  • Door Speaker Covers were blue
  • Trim piece between console and stereo compartment was blue
  • Wires to the trunk I'm assuming for a sub...
The Good
  • Has boston accoustics in door(OEM?) and MTX near the backseat.
  • Perfect condition tan leather rear seats
  • dash, console, and carpet is in fair condition
Updates
  • Privacy Hatch Cover
  • All but one door trim has been painted to black
  • Removed spare tire, and frame/wood
  • Kirkey Seats
  • Manual Shifter Removed
  • Pedal assembly removed/reinstalled due to wrong automatic pedals...
  • Pioneer Headunit
  • Talon Door Trim
  • Talon steering wheel center
DSCN3480_zpsx7yz7oha.jpg

Yes I know it shouldn't be held on by bolts, but until I can get welded... Plus it's still better held on than stock brackets.

DSCN3482_zpsqwr1i7k4.jpg

DSCN3478_zpsizeu6w6m.jpg
DSCN3473_zpskk5kfb6u.jpg
DSCN3471_zpsua9xrmxh.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN3482_zpsqwr1i7k4.jpg
    DSCN3482_zpsqwr1i7k4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN3473_zpskk5kfb6u.jpg
    DSCN3473_zpskk5kfb6u.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Clean build, I love white 1gs. I'm glad your planning an "ls killer" in chicago and not here. I'm half an hour from STM and most of those guys won't even mess with new era performance (Local lsx shop) or the stuff they turn out. It's not unusual to see a 9 second street camaro/corvette around here.
Not ls specific, main goal is gtrs, but with so many alphas in my area it's hard to know which ones I can pick on...
Hopefully I could beat the ones in your area we'll see how the car lays down the power...

Engine Build

My Personal favorite ;)
Picked up a 91 6bolt from Michigan
I won't lie in this section however I may not have all modifications listed as I don't want all information public due to purpose of this build.

Current Parts
  • Holset Turbo
  • Old-Style ETS FMIC
  • COP w/plate(Aaron Gregory's old one)
  • Magnus SMIM V2 w/bungs for N2O
  • NX Proton Kit
  • Ram Air/Velocity Stack
  • AEM EMS V1
DSCN0551_zps99u3wjlp.jpg

To be Purchased when money/deal arrives
  • ERL t3 Manifold or other manifold for holset
  • Kelford 272's
  • Kiggly HLA
  • N2O Intercooler Purge Kit
  • Dynatek Arc-2 CDI

Last edited:
Driveline

Well here is where things got all mixed up... Originally was gonna be a manual due to the misinformation of forums, saying that the manuals were better built... Then I was supposed to swap with a guy that wanted to do manual, but when all that was left for both of us to remove was pedals he fell of the planet, so after months of waiting I said screw it. Also bought a rear end that was supposed to be an auto 4 bolt, but since I was buying multiple parts, and he showed up late with a 69 Camaro on a trailer, I forgot to check gear ratios*Facepalm* and it was a manual...

Upgrades
  • Driveshaft Shop Stage 2 Axles(Front and Rear)
  • Automatic Trans/tcase
  • Auto 4 Bolt
Future Upgrades
  • Driveshaft Shop 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft
  • Torque Converter(Hoping a Bradco goes up for sale...)
  • IPT Rebuild/Upgrade Kit
  • Tcase Brace(maybe)
  • Poly Motor/Trans Mounts

Suspension

The other part I pretend to know... Any tips are appreciated here(Just shoot me a pm)

Current
  • Eibach/agx(rusted and looks sketchy)
  • BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 225/?/16
Future
  • Ground Control/Eibach Combo(maybe, pending deal with local I've done business with previously)
  • Poly Bushings
  • Poly Motor/Trans Mounts

Last edited:
Fun stuff! Give us a call when you're ready for the HLA. And maybe we can discuss your auto tranny plans too.

Keep it up!

What did you do for a seat belt or harness for your kirkey seat?
Just installed the seats but no belts/harness yet, I'll be putting in a 5point eventually though
Fun stuff! Give us a call when you're ready for the HLA. And maybe we can discuss your auto tranny plans too.

Keep it up!
I'll be sure to do that, mind sending me a pm on possible trans plans, not very aware of what you offer?

Nice build so far! And I'm drooling over the mopars in the background. Is that a 1970 Barracuda that's hidden in the garage?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back