The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 1g manual to Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i feel your pain. after i broke my shep trans i went and did the auto swap. i realized i shouldve done it alot sooner LOL.
Yea i do not wana do that..... its expensive. Not to mention i want a consistent car. Its a fully built 6 bolt. And gonna be fed by a Borg s257 sx-e.

Shooting for 600 whp and a auto should net me 10's no?

How much am i looking at for full auto swap?

Yea i do not wana do that..... its expensive. Not to mention i want a consistent car. Its a fully built 6 bolt. And gonna be fed by a Borg s257 sx-e.

Shooting for 600 whp and a auto should net me 10's no?

How much am i looking at for full auto swap?

should be able to get into the 10s easily. i went 10.89 my first weekend out with my car on wastegate pressure (21psi springs) on a cast wheel hx40. as far as pricing its going to vary. youll also want to add in doing some upgrades to the trans and getting a good converter as well.

should be able to get into the 10s easily. i went 10.89 my first weekend out with my car on wastegate pressure (21psi springs) on a cast wheel hx40. as far as pricing its going to vary. youll also want to add in doing some upgrades to the trans and getting a good converter as well.
Nice! i was in the market for a hx40 myself but came across the borg warner and just got it.
Oem trans, converter, and a shift kit? or are we talking clutches and etc....
$2000 or less?

Nice! i was in the market for a hx40 myself but came across the borg warner and just got it.
Oem trans, converter, and a shift kit? or are we talking clutches and etc....
$2000 or less?

ive got upgraded front and end clutches, welded center diff, shift kit, and a sinister 9" converter in mine. its also controlled by a forced four shift box. if i had to give you an estimate of what i have in my auto swap id guess i have about $3400 in it all. thats parts/ labor to have the trans done as well.

No case is different. Auto swap was easy I also got sick of clutch issues. After replacing 2 pedal assembly's master and slave issues and clutch issues. That and the fact parts are drying up I made the swap. Getting a whole car with only a week of driving on its overhauled trans before it killed its timing belt for 700$ sealed the deal LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back