The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G 1g idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkmiller

Probationary Member
Nov 11, 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
My car idles at a steady 3000rpm.. What would cause that? Did a boost test nothing there. Changed the TPS sensor as well..

In order for your idle to go that high, you need extra air, fuel.
I would first check your idle position sensor, throttle body ground, leaks around injectors, leaks at bov, VACUUM hoses, throttle body gaskets.

How do I check the biss screw and the throttle position sensor?What is a throttle body ground? Is that a ground strap? My bov is good. already checked that. Also i just noticed i apparently dont have a 1g maf in my car?!?!?! It appears to be a 2g? Could that cause problems?

If whoever wired it up did it wrong. Unless it's a plug 2 play pigtail. Biss screw is at throttlebody and might have little black cover over it, but it's a little hole with a plastic screw you can adjust to raise or lower idle

The wires going to the 2g maf are ugly looking. How can I tell if it's wired incorrectly?

By using this :) exactly how mine is wired and not one single issue. Also make sure you solder and Shrink tube or you will have issues.
2g-1g maf
Pin 1 on the 2G connector goes to the green/red wire that was pin 4 on the 1G harness.
Pin 2 on the 2G connector goes to the green/yellow wire that was pin 7 on the 1G harness.
Pin 3 on the 2G connector goes to the green/blue wire that was pin 2 on the 1G harness.
Pin 4 on the 2G connector goes to the red wire that was pin 3 on the 1G harness.
Pin 5 on the 2G connector goes to the green/black wire that was pin 6 on the 1G harness.
Pin 6 on the 2G connector goes to the green/orange wire that was pin 8 on the 1G harness.
Pin 7 on the 2G connector goes to the green/white wire that was pin 1 on the 1G harness.
Pin 8 on the 2G connector has nothing

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back