The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1g Engine Harness Diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok, I started disconnecting my engine harness and I wanted to make sure, I only have the engine harness but I don't know if I also need another harness wiring( headlights,turining signal..ect)...if my question makes any sense

Well technically there is more than 1 harness in every car, well most. Our cars have 2 in the bay. 1 harness goes from the ECU and hooks to all of the engine and it's components. The 2nd goes to the driver side firewall and goes to the fuse box in the car and in the bay. That harness controls the headlights, alt fuse, horns turns the "acc"

Well technically there is more than 1 harness in every car, well most. Our cars have 2 in the bay. 1 harness goes from the ECU and hooks to all of the engine and it's components. The 2nd goes to the driver side firewall and goes to the fuse box in the car and in the bay. That harness controls the headlights, alt fuse, horns turns the "acc"
Ohh ok. So if im just replacing the one that goes onto the engine, I don't need to disconnect the one that controls the headlighs, horn..ect because I disconnect all the wires for the engine and didn't know if I need to disconnect the other wires.

Also what is the best way to put the new wiring through the firewall and connect it to the ecu. Through the floor or do I need to take apart the glovebox

no the harness in the engine bay is all one piece. I thought this to till i pulled mine to re do it. it kinda wraps around. you need to unhook the ecu, and mpi relay. removing the dash makes this process much easier. when the ecu is unhooked, find the wires that are plugged in the back of the fuse box and un hook em. the reason i say removing the dash will make it easier, you will have to move the blower motor case to feet the harness through the firewall. the drivers side inner fender will need to be either pulled or moved out of the way to remove the wires you unhooked from the back of the fuse box. the rest is pretty simple.

Sure if you want to think of it as 1 piece you can but there is literally 2 wires with disconnects that join the two

oh ok. Well the wires I have only connect to the engine and since my old harness is joint by the second wiring that controls the headlighs,horn..ect should I just remove it all even though I have only the wires that connect to my engine or just put my new wires on and leave the ones, since it's joint?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back