The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

1g engine and 2g transmission into a dodge neon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caymen

Probationary Member
Jun 6, 2018
Beausejour, MB_Canada
Will a 2g fwd transmission be an okay combination with a 1g engine? I'm doing a 4g63 swap, the engine is out of a 91 talon and I'm wondering if a 2g transmission will be a good transmission to use for this swap?

It's fine. Depending on what car the combination is going in, however, be sure to use the right axles -- 2G FWD turbo transmissions use larger diameter axles at the transmission than at least the early 1G FWD turbo transmissions. The overall lengths of the axles aren't exactly the same either, though some combinations have been found to work.

It's fine. Depending on what car the combination is going in, however, be sure to use the right axles -- 2G FWD turbo transmissions use larger diameter axles at the transmission than at least the early 1G FWD turbo transmissions. The overall lengths of the axles aren't exactly the same either, though some combinations have been found to work.
Yeah I'm getting custom axles fabricated for the build, it's going into a dodge neon the plan is to go sleeper galore. The engine will fit as it's the same size, I will just need to figure out my mounting for the engine, and then the wiring will be interesting but since the engine is from a talon and not a Japanese imported vehicle it shouldn't be as bad. Now I'm just looking into how I'm gonna distribute the weight, what I gotta do for the transmission, and then just to figure out front end parts such as axles, And maybe sway bars. Sway pars is more of a personal preference thing though. It's more mounting and transmission that I'm looking into right now. Do you know ballpark whay kind of power the 2g transmission can take?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back