The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Eclipse spoiler removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khrispy

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 18, 2005
San Diego, California
Sorry there's already a thread on this, but it's on the Talon so I'm starting a new one for the Eclipse.

I can't figure out how to get my spoiler off- I took of the plastic panel and found two 10mm bolts which appear to be holding it on, but unscrewing them doesn't work- they just spin as if there's a loose nut on the other side. All the other screws are screwed in from the opposite side. Oh- and do I need to take of the wiper arm?

-Chris

yes you will have to take the wiper arm off

90-91 talon and eclipse spoilers are the same so if you found a thread explaining how to get the talon one off, the eclipse is the same.

as for the bolts turning and not moving, sounds like the threads are stripped in the nut. what part of the wing did you run into this problem on? where it is will help determine the best way to get them out

It's the two bolts you remove from the underside. Any way I can still get them off?

The underlying problem is the thing rattles like crazy... any suggestions on how to fix it without removing it would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

where did you find that one on the talon? i've been thinking about takeing mine off as well

Well, depending on what you are willing to do here are some suggestions....

liquid nails (at home depot) run a SMALL bead at the very edge and apply steady weight (some 6 foot 2X8's- or one 2X4 with several bricks on it) until dried.
^ with silicone sealer
^ with fiberglass resin
^ with any sort of heavy duty exterior/outdoors type glue

Small amounts of expandable foam will do two things, both adhere to both surfaces, "glueing them togeather" and help seal against leaks.

As it sits now, there's about a 1/4" gap between the hatch and the spoiler. My other car (saturn) has a foam/rubber gasket around the spoiler base. It's about 1/4" thick and kind of has the consistancy of a thicker mousepad. Does anyone know where I could buy that material?

Sounds like what I just picked up about an hour ago. Its attachement tape.

1 3M06386 RL Acrylic Plus Attachment Tape 06386, $17.73 $17.73
3 3M06396 EA 3M Adhesion Promoter , Sponge Appli $1.19 $3.57

Got mine from Sherwin Automotive finishes

http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/

Ordered it online and picked it up locally. Hope that helps.

khrispy said:
As it sits now, there's about a 1/4" gap between the hatch and the spoiler. My other car (saturn) has a foam/rubber gasket around the spoiler base. It's about 1/4" thick and kind of has the consistancy of a thicker mousepad. Does anyone know where I could buy that material?

yea im looking at removing the full wing on a 94 eclipse and just dont know were to start...im removing to do some rust removal and to restore it and slam it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back