The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g DSM Error Codes 14 and 25

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaserRS92

Supporting VIP
Aug 14, 2008
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Hi there, I have a 93 Eagle Talon Auto AWD. I just swapped in my 6 bolt out of my 92 Laser I had. I am getting error codes 14: throttle position sensor and 25: barometric pressure sensor codes. I cannot for the life of me get these to go away.

Some history, I'm using the same sensors from the 6 bolt and a 94 style manual ecu since my 6 bolt has a 14b and 450s. I tried a known good condition maf and the tps off the 7 bolt that came off the car to no avail. Trying to give it gas with these parts caused like a 2k rpm two step in park and a 1200rpm two step when driving. It would buck and go nuts trying to give it gas.

Leaving the ecu pins the same, I put in a 90 ecu. I can accelerate but of course have permanent codes from not the right year ecu. Still the same codes. Changing pins 6 and 14 like a normal ecu swap, the issues still persist but I can accelerate.

So, I think I was having some issues with my 94 ecu since I couldn't even accelerate or give it gas. However, I was tentative at first for the pin out swap because this auto harness isn't the same colors as a manual one. I don't know what else to try. Maybe the tcu? It wasn't wanting to grab 2nd gear. I know that looks at tps inputs.

I need help!!

Do you guys think it's worth sending in my ecu and tcu to Tom and see if he finds anything? Things did get better when the 90 style ecu was in there.

To be honest I sold link to buy this car, so my buddy came over today to put his link in. Here goes:

For gigs I put a 90 ecu in car today, check engine light and running rough. Put 91-94 ecu back in. No cel and running better. Both ecus would not go above 2k rpm when hitting gas. Friend suggested idle switch bc of mpg programming that if it's in park it won't go over 1800rpm. We disconnect idle switch, nothing. Immediately plug in his link computer which is a 90 style he thought. Car drives, accelerates, even shifts perfectly. Wtf.

As soon as we select simulate idle from tps, the car won't rev up just like before. Now I believe we had the idle stop still unplugged here. Once we unselect simulate idle from tps it's back to being fine.

So that brought me back to messing with it. We made sure tps is adjusted properly, after messing with it though light throttle won't let it rev up but more aggressive throttle and it revs up but won't shift. Possible tps issue?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back