The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build 1G Build: Return of the DSMer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oem carbon fiber hoods look the best on 1gs. I never liked the evo style on 1gb. Your car is really cleaning up good work.

You know that guy in the picture with the recessed hairline is you. Stop lying

Good looks killer though!!

Come on, a guy can't lie anymore about his identity?

Oem carbon fiber hoods look the best on 1gs. I never liked the evo style on 1gb. Your car is really cleaning up good work.
I agree, I thought a long time about getting one of the flashier hoods but I think it takes too much attention away from the car. Carbon fiber is already flashy.
Really enjoyed reading this! Thank you for sharing!!
-s :)
Thanks a lot. Yours is great too. It's fun to go back and look at the thread and see all the stuff you've done. I tend to do that a lot as I've really enjoyed building this car.
Looks alsome. Love the wheels. Post 163---cat is having a blast. Haha

My cats are always having a blast when I work on the car. They hate each other in the house but are best friends as soon they get in the yard. I've recently found out that the yellow female has been napping on my passenger seat at night as sometimes I leave my windows down.

You know that guy in the picture with the recessed hairline is you. Stop lying

Good looks killer though!!

I thought you had a picture of ME, Vegas!
From the TOP, we look alike LOL.
Nice work man!

I built myself a little could air induction pipe. I actually got the idea off the intake pipe that came with the car as I'd never seen anybody do this before. However, the original pipe was only 2.5" with a small, old filter that needed replacing. I wound up buying a new 11" K&N filter and putting it on a 3" pipe with a 45* bend. I drilled and tapped for my catchcan vacuum source. I made sure to get the nipple in at an angle parallel to the turbo blades as that will pull in air better. I also installed another nipple for my electronic boost controller. So far it's working great. Old pipe is pictured first.

DSC_0696.JPG
DSC_0697.JPG
DSC_0975.JPG
DSC_0976.JPG

Come on, get with it old man!!! :p
I worked on a locals DSM today but not mine. He didn't know any one else.
I got him running again :thumb:
What is on the end of the intake?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're referring to?
I couldn't see where your air filter ended up being at is what I was getting at. Sorry for being vague.

AGE....VAGUE.....they come together......:ohdamn:

Going back a few months, I bought a V1 hta68 from a local for a great deal and installed that puppy and sold the 18g. That turbo was great and I ran it for a few weeks then came across a deal I couldn't pass with my buddy who was selling his car.

Onto the new turbo: an FP 3052!

I had to bite the bullet and get a 44mm Tial MVR, an FP intake and filter and some custom coolant lines (couldn't get stock ones to fit although some people claim they fit).
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG

It took me a while to figure what all I needed for the coolant lines as I've never used AN fittings or made my own braided lines but it was all very simple and a lot less complicated than I made it out to be. I tapped the intake pipe for a vacuum source for my catch can (as recommended by FP) and tapped for the third port on my Ingersol Rand BCS. Also. I had to tap my lower intercooler pipe for the BCS as well because I didn't wan't to tap the compressor housing and screw it up.

IMG_0654.JPG
IMG_0656.JPG
IMG_0657.JPG
IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0665.JPG

Finally got the turbo finished up! I'm really big on exhaust wrap and heat blankets as I almost melted my wideband connection last year. The engine bay is super cool with all the wrapping. I even bought a lower PTP turbo blanket even though you aren't supposed to use them on top mount setups like the fp 3052 (then why fo they even sell them for fp 30 series turbos? Anyways...). I'm still trying to decide how I'm going to run my BCS/wastegate lines to make them look as clean as possible. I may wind up running some ss lines with AN fittings for the wastegate as it sits RIGHT under the manifold (doesn't matter though as I have a damn heat shield!).

IMG_0666.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG

Initial impressions of the turbo:

Creates a lot more power at low boost than my 18g and hta68. I've always driven slow in my DSMs and never been one to go hotrodding around but lately I can't help that the car is so responsive down low that's it's just begging for me step on in each gear. I've gunned it a few times in 2nd gear after a light and then I feel bad that I probably scared some old woman but oh well, I'm sure she understood.

I haven't even pushed the car at all (I'm installing new cams next week so why tune twice) but I can tell it's going to be ridiculous on 30lbs and e85. The car is just a beast right now being so light, running well and looking great. I've been putting a lot of work in so I'm super happy at the moment. I have Kevin Jewer on the hook to do a remote tune for me soon so I'm super excited to have his help. Updates to come!

IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0688.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0686.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back