The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build 1G Build: Return of the DSMer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright, so I ordered some Feal 441 coilovers for my bday and it took about a month to arrive due to parts availability. Very nice looking parts. I was disappointed that the green top hats were only in the back and not the front too. Oh well, can't have it all. I have replaced every bushing on my car with polyurethane to refurbish the chassis and these coilovers were the final piece. I wanted something that was quality and unique. If I can't have the fastest car then at least I'll have the best suspension :)

DSC_0758.JPG
DSC_0759.JPG

First thing I noticed was the different length of the Feals compared to my AGXs. The suspension droop is much different as well. It took forever to get the ride height down correctly as I would have to unbolt the shock from the bottom perch, jack up the vehicle, alter the coilover, put the wheel and coilover back on then lower it. It took much longer than I expected. I'm pretty happy with how the car looks right now. It's not too low but still looks aggressive. I'll perfect it here pretty soon as I have to get back under there to adjust my rear camber.

DSC_0762.JPG
DSC_0763.JPG
DSC_0764.JPG
DSC_0765.JPG
DSC_0766.JPG
DSC_0774.JPG

Car looks awesome.

How's the DSS driveshaft working out? Does it make any noise, especially on decel?

Love the drive shaft gonna pick up some feals as well first next project. I guess it will take time setting them up.

I got really frustrated with my Thermal R&D exhaust that I bought used a while ago. I could never prevent it from banging into the enlarged DSS driveshaft among other things. I finally decided to move onto a BSFab 2.5" side exit exhaust. I've been obsessed with decreasing the weight of the car this time around and I've been compelled to lose that 30-40lbs by moving away from the full exhaust.

I was worried it would be too loud, however, it's actually only loud on the driver's side. It's not terribly loud on any other side of the car and somewhat resembles your usual loud dsm. You also have the added benefit of the ole turbo whistle on deceleration. Pretty wicked WOT. I wasn't happy with how the Thermal R&D sounded (glorified side exit basically-not much character in the sound) so why keep all the extra weight and banging?

DSC_0767.JPG
DSC_0768.JPG
DSC_0769.JPG
DSC_0771.JPG
DSC_0772.JPG
DSC_0773.JPG

Came across two built Jacks stage 2+ transmissions that I got for $600 combined.....every dog has it's day I guess. These will be my backups once my stock transmission goes boom. I'm hoping these will last a long time.

DSC_0734.JPG

Came across two built Jacks stage 2+ transmissions that I got for $600 combined.....every dog has it's day I guess. These will be my backups once my stock transmission goes boom. I'm hoping these will last a long time.

View attachment 335571

You lucky dog, That's a hell of a find. Ppl are asking that much for stock transmissions around here. Curious why the axles are torched off as well?

Cars looking good, you're farther along what my upgrade path is geared towards, keep it up :thumb:

There was a local guy who knew nothing about dsms and he bought one on Craigslist. It turns out the car had a ton of nice parts (SMIM, built motor, jacks transmission, fluidyne, HKS 272s, Full-blown double pumper, ID Hi-z 1000s, AEM V1 etc etc). Apparently he got really bad into meth and for whatever reason needed money really quick....I wound up picking up about $1500 in parts for just a couple hundred. We were trying to remove his transmission (the car was stored in some small storage room) and for whatever reason we couldn't get the axles out so he just blow-torched them off. I still kick myself for not buying the whole car for $800.......

There was a local guy who knew nothing about dsms and he bought one on Craigslist. It turns out the car had a ton of nice parts (SMIM, built motor, jacks transmission, fluidyne, HKS 272s, Full-blown double pumper, ID Hi-z 1000s, AEM V1 etc etc). Apparently he got really bad into meth and for whatever reason needed money really quick....I wound up picking up about $1500 in parts for just a couple hundred. We were trying to remove his transmission (the car was stored in some small storage room) and for whatever reason we couldn't get the axles out so he just blow-torched them off. I still kick myself for not buying the whole car for $800.......

That's a dream CL ad... I would've gladly handed over $800 for the whole car and dealt with the argument from my wife about bringing another DSM home. However I might feel a little guilty that I was enabling a drug user, but then again he was enabling yours with DSM parts.. Fair trade then I guess :cool:

That's a dream CL ad... I would've gladly handed over $800 for the whole car and dealt with the argument from my wife about bringing another DSM home. However I might feel a little guilty that I was enabling a drug user, but then again he was enabling yours with DSM parts.. Fair trade then I guess :cool:
He claimed he was clean but out of work and needing to pay rent. My wife was going to be really mad. This was right in the middle of my car being in pieces so I was already spending a lot restoring the car and our shower caved-in so it was a really bad to for me to buy the whole thing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back