The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1G AWD Fuel Tank Mounting Studs(Under Car)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livedsm4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 1, 2008
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Wondering if anyone has ever replaced these studs? They are the studs that hold the tank to the body itself. Looking at my shell it looks that most are rounded and rusted. I could always use a die to clean up the non existing threads however I dont think that would be enough. Picture attached is of a random car, same studs.

What about drill out the old studs from the top? Inside car, then just put new bolts through the body?
Cant do this. studs are on the frame.

I could always weld on new studs.. Wondering what would work best. Anyone know the size of these studs?
Thanks!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Lol, Im building a 1g AWD N/A. Not sure a fuel cell will fit my needs as Ill be DD'ing it until it literally falls apart.

I was thinking it was 10x1.25 or 10x1.5 but cannot prove anything just yet.

Hell everyone,

I would like to bring this back from the dead if thats okay. I recently got a 1990 gsx with a terrible fuel cell setup, and Im converting it back to stock tank.

My studs are fine just need a little bit of wd40 and wire brush action to them, however I do not have the original nuts to bolt the tank to these studs. Can anyone tell me the correct size nut for these studs? Thank you!

Hell everyone,
My studs are fine just need a little bit of wd40 and wire brush action to them, however I do not have the original nuts to bolt the tank to these studs. Can anyone tell me the correct size nut for these studs? Thank you!
M10 x 1.25 flange nut

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back