The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 2G motor mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josho1

Probationary Member
Dec 23, 2016
Cumming, Georgia
I have a 6 bolt engine that was being used in a 2g. I'm now swapping it back into a 1g. But there's a problem... The driver side motor mount bracket that is attached to the engine, behind all of the timing components, is for a 2g. To be honest, I do not want to take all of that stuff apart just to replace the bracket. So, my question is; Can i use the mounts from a 2g on the driver side? I have the 2g mount to finish the setup but I'm not sure if the engine will sit in the bay correctly if I stick with the 2g setup. Does anybody know for a fact that this will not work?

I've never replaced a timing belt on a 4g63. And I would be a little nervous to mess with it. So I'm trying to avoid it. But if it's necessary, I'll do what I have to do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back