The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1998 gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have the gst down to my parents, started on my spyder Thursday here' my progress so far, paint for this is more than the red car! Any paint code suggestions as far as similar color for less? Also I'm bad with metallics and always get light spots and tons of mottling, should I just paint it a straight grey without metallics? If I do I don' plan on jamming it so what do you guys suggest

I hit post to soon the rest of the pics, I will introduce myself as well if that's ok,

Attachments

• 20171202_143524.jpg
    20171202_143524.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20171202_143515.jpg
    20171202_143515.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20171202_143527.jpg
    20171202_143527.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20171202_143539.jpg
    20171202_143539.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
know the feeling of not being able to breath like we used to have a case of COPD going on with me so I know what a chore it can be prayers that he gets better.
I don' know where to bring him! One Dr says he has hyperinflation lungs, the others say he has a restrictive lung disease, don' know what to do he suffers all day, I wish he could feel good for just one day

for the silver I found the paint code as Color Code: A52Minden Silver Pearl hope that helps.
and I normally cut with with a small ammount of reducer for the color coat and then go with a 25% reducer for the flash coat and I have my gun set at 60 PSI for flash that seems to help make the metallic to flow out more even.

as for where to take him check for a pulmonologist one of those should be able to help more then a general medicine.

Wish there was someone like you and your hubby out here on Maui. When I call an auto body shop they generally hang up on me when they hear what kind of car I have.

better they hang up then they tell you what they want to charge the quote would give you a heart attack cheapest quote I had on mine was 7500 dollars to do mine hell if they charge that much I had been under charging my customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, I'm going to be painting my spyder in an hour, been busy with work and the kiddos so I bought code ws2ps2 it' a bright silver, I dislike the pearl look, I'm going to try the high pressure base coating, and as for my husband he has seen a pulmonary Dr many times, the doctors are saying this is a restrictive lung disease, no medicine can help its something to do with the muscles for breathing, but thank you very much for your advice will have some pics late tonight

can't wait to see how it turns out when your finished. doc told me mine came from breathing to much paint overspray and working on brakes that it all finally caught up to me.

I' very sorry to here that, I use a fresh herbs air respirator helmet, here' the results, not sanded and buffed yet, my husbands is from nerves in his spine causing diaphragm weakness, I think he'd be better off with lung disease, at least then the medicine would give him relief efforts, those inhalers like Spiriva and stuff do nothing for him, I hope this week the doctor appointments pay off, I hope you feel better, if you want tomorrow I'll get a pick of my setup, its' a pump you put outside and a air hose hooks to it that hooks to a face helmet, you can' smell anything and I've actually set off bug bombs in there with it on and didn' smell a thing, this was a few summers ago when I painted my truck

Attachments

• 20171206_222612.jpg
    20171206_222612.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 20171206_222621.jpg
    20171206_222621.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20171206_222633.jpg
    20171206_222633.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20171206_222647.jpg
    20171206_222647.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20171206_222651.jpg
    20171206_222651.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 42
looks great so far and looks like the metallic laid down great without the separation. yeah I bought a full freash air resperator that will take some getting used too since I was old school when I painted cars an that brother said when I painted he wouldn't walk in because all he seen was a shadow moving around blubs of lights and he couldn't see them very well either just a bank of glowing spots..LOL

told him when I was finished and was standing out side getting freash air I now know what they mean by coffing up rainbows every one knew what color I was using by just what I hacked up out of my lungs.

Here' an update on the car, now I gotta learn how to do the timing belt before spring on the 4g64 and 4g63, the gst is at the families wrapped up in the garage, so from there it will be back here and I want to get them changed before spring, a user here showed me the tool I'll need for the timing belt removel, done this probably 12 or more times on the 420a cars I've owned and 4 times on my current one, is it harder than that? Anyways here' how the spyder came out, I didn' like the ugly brownish purplish hues it had in it at all, so I went with a chrysler silver, I love the shade! Last photo is before

Attachments

• downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 53
  • downloadfile-1.jpg
    downloadfile-1.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 56
  • downloadfile-3.jpg
    downloadfile-3.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 49
  • downloadfile-2.jpg
    downloadfile-2.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
they really are not that much harder to change one thing you will find out is they use a automatic tensioner that will need to be compressed back into cylinder that is the hardest part of the job since you can't really force it or you will bend the shaft sometimes its just easier buying a new one since it come with the pin in it holding the rod in that is easier normally except getting that pin out of the rod since it does love to fight you coming out.

they really are not that much harder to change one thing you will find out is they use a automatic tensioner that will need to be compressed back into cylinder that is the hardest part of the job since you can't really force it or you will bend the shaft sometimes its just easier buying a new one since it come with the pin in it holding the rod in that is easier normally except getting that pin out of the rod since it does love to fight you coming out.
The 420a is like that, and I bent mine! But it still works so I used it anyways since it was less than a year old works great still, but I agree better of getting a new one

No problem! Keep us updated on your husband's condition and reaction to the car! I know if it was me I'd be blown away!
Haha thanks, he's going for an mri next week, some different kind he never had before, right now it' believed to be from his spine, a tumor they found, or hernias that are against the wall of his lungs, hopefully soon enough he will feel better, thanks very much for asking and for you and everyone else on here have a safe holiday a great fun one and I will be praying for everyone to stay or get healthy, the cars in my family's garage, I really hope he likes it but he does have allot of trucks he restored (all 99-03 f150s) from stepsister to supercrews to lightnings LOL but he doesn' have any cars

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back