The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1998 GST // First boosted daily driver

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLSchwabe

Proven Member
Mar 21, 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sometime back in February I purchased my GS-T from this guy in Denver, CO. Purchase price of $2700 :ohdamn: ... but at the time I didn't know much about DSMs. First off, I was told it was a GSX, with some minor issues like the exhaust rattles and blah blah blah. I test drove it, loved it, bought it. Perhaps I should have held out and learned a bit more about DSMs and their market value, but we all live and learn. Anywho. The car came with an... almost complete Blitz body kit. Decent passenger side skirt, a bit rough on custom front bumper and the driver side skirt was missing... also the driver side fender was bent.. wonder what happened.. :hmm:.

Anyway.. shortly after I purchased it, the 16G Killer Turbo blew the oil seal and so began my trek into the DSM repair world. I took it to a local DSM mechanic and I told him about the car, the purchase etc. etc.. and he said, " Oh it's a GSX? " and he goes to check the rear diff... and of course... I felt quite sheepish when he discovered there was no rear differential.

As the car sits, it still has the blown turbo, I don't really drive it and I don't plan to until I get the 16G K replaced with a 14B I purchased from craigslist. I bought a 14B/16G install kit from e-bay with the proper J-Pipe and lower IC pipe from CXRacing ( Thanks guys! ) Albeit cheap but I'm on a tight budget. As of right now I'm just waiting on one more part to get it installed, but I have high hopes the 14B will be in soon.

Current mods: 16G Killer Turbo ( Blown )
Greddy FMIC
Turbo XS Manual Boost Controller
Aftermarket Boost gauge ( In the pillar, but had never been hooked up! )
ADR 17" Rims ( Not really a mod )

IMG194 - Copy.jpg
IMG196 - Copy.jpg
IMG197.jpg
IMG199.jpg

Performance Goals:
Evo3 16G MHI
Wideband
Dsmlink V3
660 Injectors
190 Fuel pump
AFPR
A different Manual Boost Controller...

Exterior Goals:

Strip the bond-o from the body from that Blitz kit
Buy new OEM front bumper cover
Replace driver side fender
Find some 2G OEM side skirts
15% Tint all around
Repaint Championship White
Repaint the rims

Interior Goals: TBD

Immediate Goals:

Install 14B MHI
Clean/Spray can the side panels to match the rest of the body
OEM Bumper Cover

IMG186.jpg
IMG191.jpg

...and good-bye Blitz...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back