The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1996 eclipse gs 420a supercharged build thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan summers

Proven Member
Feb 28, 2015
salisbury, North_Carolina
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
sense im still on probation im gonna start my thread here and link it once im off probation, heres some pics of the car before when i first got it and im tearing it down now, want to remove the engine and tranny and see how the internals look, see if anything needs replaced and i gotta replace the throw out bearing and probably clutch even though the last owner said he just replaced the clutch but if that was true then whys the throw out bearing rattling. ive found that the last owner had no idea on wiring thats for sure, i seen all kinds of a mess so far. heres my list of things done to the car already, he did keep a pretty good record on parts and receipts so i believe it to be true. once i get the engine out and on a stand i can find out if the internals are what he says they are. so far everythings there he said was and i can tell the engine was pulled out and i believe this car was an automatic and was swapped over due to it still having the auto tranmission wiring. i gotta drop the exhaust, axles and pull the mounts and shes out, here it is before and now. the paint job on the engine and sc was horrible, another reason im pulling it out, she runs good i just got some upgraded parts and want to repair all the wiring done to it and anything else i notice like leaks and rubbed wiring. not to mention its dirty in there

performance/engine
stage 2 crane cams
62 mm throttle body
venom 400
eaton m90 supercharger
megan racing header
msd igntion
AEM adjustable cam gears
obx intake manifold
jet performance chip
unorthodox racing crank pulley kit
head shaved 15 thousands
nology coil amplifiers
head gasket
valve job
performance valve springs
resurfaced head
head bolts
weiso pistons
eagle rods
stage 2 clutch
bigger injectors not sure of size yet
blow off valve
AEM boost gauge
AEM wideband o2 sensor and gauge
manual boost controller
FMIC with needed pipes and hoses

suspension
tokico gas shocks
tokico adjustable coil overs
front and rear strut tower bars
cross drilled rotors
all wheel disc brakes
energy suspension motor mounts
energy suspension transmission mounts

interior
aftermarket steering wheel
quick detach hub for steering wheel
carbon fiber racing seats
mugen 5 point racing harnesses
kenwood radio
custom made speaker box with amp holder

exterior
18 inch rims
body kit
side window vents
hood pins

Attachments

• IMG_20110805_145601.jpg
    IMG_20110805_145601.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 122
my oldest son helping me work on it

some work i got done today and some new parts came in yesterday. heres the sc, using paint stripper and a brush to remove the paint then ill sand blast the rest off where i could not get it with a brush

removed the valve cover to clean the paint off it to, heres the crane cams and the new wideband i just got in the mail

more pics from today

ever seen spacers this wide? there only on the back i guess to make it look wider or something,

starting to clean the valve cover off to repaint it and probably dip it along with the super charger, ever heard of nology coil amplifiers? wonder if they actually do anything

new boost controller and a/f gauge and o2 sensor the other a/f thing was in the car when i got it, not sure if it works but i do know its wired into the venom computer part and goes to all kinds of sensors on the engine, its tied into just about everything like the map sensor, ignition coil, temp gauges, tps sensor and list goes on

this part broke off the door while i was trying to remove the body kit, is it replaceable? or was it part of the door LOL

yeah it was done i just cant stand halfass work which is what the last guy did and alot of it LOL, so im tearing her down to redo all the painted stuff, replace anything that needs replacing, and repaint and dip anything i can, thinking of dipping the engine block, what do you all think about that?

How's that boost controller going to work on that blower? I was always under the impression that you had to swap pulleys on superchargers to achieve desired boost levels.

i assumed when i got it that it would let me turn down the boost when needed. if im incorrect someone let me know please LOL. i assumed i could setup lets say 15 psi with a pully change then use the controller to drop it down to 10 and it would blow off the rest correct?

and i want this car back on the road and all cleaned up before the end of summer. so im putting alot of time into it. i also do body work and paint and have been a mechanic for 15 yrs now so im pretty good with this kinda stuff, dont know much about forced induction but as far as body work and mechanics i do all my own stuff and have all the tools and equipment i could need

this part broke off the door while i was trying to remove the body kit, is it replaceable? or was it part of the door LOL

Yes that part is replaceable and it should just pop off. I suggest going to the Pull-A-Part in charlotte to grab what you need.

i wish i had knew they made an awd eclipse before i got this one though, but i got it now and to much into it to stop now LOL, im going to give this car to my oldest son in a few years so i got time to get it perfect. the cars getting gutted and everything thats dirty or leaking or broken is getting replaced, going to tuck the wires, repair the body kit and repaint the car, all engine parts will be cerakoted also

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back