The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russeilson3

Probationary Member
Apr 6, 2014
Sandpoint, Idaho
I'm going to be buying a 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Just wondering if it's a good deal and what i can do to it (relatively cheap) to make it have some more HP. So here are the specs:
Miles: 166,000 on body engine built 10k miles ago, completley stock.
5 speed
Newer transfer case and rear diff, new rear and front brushings and wheek bearings and hubs, new rear cv axeles, runs shifts and stops great, has a extra set of 18' wheels.clutch was replaced when motor was rebuilt. Clean title, sun roof, power everything, grey leather interrior, small tears on driverside seat, Car has just a dow pipe on it right now, dosnt leak or burn any fluids. It needs repainted because the previous owner spray painted or plasti dipped it flat black. No dents or scratches, body is strait, orginigal color black, door jams are untouched.

So I'm wondering is this a good buy at $3,500? Also if i do get it what can i do thats cheap to make it look, sound, and drive better/ faster. Thanks!

Sandpoint? :hmm: Well as you probably already know dsms aren't everywhere around here, especially in Sandpoint. Does the guy/gal have receipts for the work that was done.

No but he said once you see the engine you can tell it was rebuilt. We are at $3,000 and that's his lowest.

I could shine my engine up real good but doesn't mean it's been rebuilt just throwing it out there. But for the area and whats around the price isn't really too out of the question. Ask him what shop it was rebuilt at because they keep their records. But really if you want it, it's your call. Just weird... no receipts. Plan on doing the timing belt because without proof of recent change it would be better safe than sorry.

Since it is a 95, you better make sure that it was actually rebuilt. I hesitate the even use the dreaded c-word, but since he is selling it so cheap, be careful of crankwalk. Just sayin.

Crank walk is pretty rare but 3k isn't bad as long as there is some solid proof of the rebuild. You wanna make sure it's a good rebuild and not some half assed job. But you could upgrade the turbo to something a little bigger where you might not need a tune & open down pipe sounds nice, loud as hell though.

Edit- keep in mind if it looks shiny or new, could've easily just been painted to look new. Like trans, block, vc, etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back