The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1995 GST 2nd DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHOTO_20160326_124030_Edited.jpg
Well another weekend came and went and did not get all I wanted to get done!. Was able to Dip the New Spoiler so I can mount it this weekend. I need to figure out what I am going to do about Gaskets for it though? Thinking about using Felt.

Last edited:
Minor update: Solid Shifter Bushings are in.. Will be installing them this weekend.

Also Been sing Torque App and Finally got it to start displaying Boost/Vacuum.
At idle I seem to get about -20 Vacuum and as I build up boost it goes to the Positive.
Curious if this number is a good thing..

-20hg of vacuum is a good number :)

-20hg of vacuum is a good number :)
Good Doing my best to address all the maintenance I can. I want to get this car running best that I can. I want to get a different Turbo though I have a feeling this ebay turbo is not giving me the best experience a turbo should be.

Parts List Next:
-Boost Gauge
-Manual Boost Controller.

Should a turbo timer be on my immediate need list or can i do without till i really start boosting hp.

Usually the turbo timer is used on a non-water cooled turbo to allow it time to cool with oil circulating through it, like my Holset turbo. You probably still have water cooling yours so I wouldn't worry about it right now. Mine is only oil fed and even I don't have a timer but I sit in the drive, parking lot etc for a good minute before turning the car off. Most of the time it's not necessary, only when I am at the track doing a hard pull is when I will sit and let the car idle awhile before turning it off. Ebay turbos are for the most part just Chinese junk and will last a few months then give out. Everyone on here will tell you not to buy Ebay items and do your best to use OEM parts for these cars. When you get ready for a turbo upgrade, we have a very good turbo man on this forum and I recommend him. You can PM me for details when that time comes. What are you using for engine management or is it the stock ECU? Upping boost without a way to add fuel can lead to a lean condition and be very detrimental to your engine. Just FYI. Keep up the maintenance and enjoy it.

Usually the turbo timer is used on a non-water cooled turbo to allow it time to cool with oil circulating through it, like my Holset turbo. You probably still have water cooling yours so I wouldn't worry about it right now. Mine is only oil fed and even I don't have a timer but I sit in the drive, parking lot etc for a good minute before turning the car off. Most of the time it's not necessary, only when I am at the track doing a hard pull is when I will sit and let the car idle awhile before turning it off. Ebay turbos are for the most part just Chinese junk and will last a few months then give out. Everyone on here will tell you not to buy Ebay items and do your best to use OEM parts for these cars. When you get ready for a turbo upgrade, we have a very good turbo man on this forum and I recommend him. You can PM me for details when that time comes. What are you using for engine management or is it the stock ECU? Upping boost without a way to add fuel can lead to a lean condition and be very detrimental to your engine. Just FYI. Keep up the maintenance and enjoy it.

Right now still using stock ECU, I do want to get DSMlink eventually LOL need more loot LOL. Car came with a reported 16G EVO 3 GT Turbo LOL from my understanding its a ebay turbo LOL.. I do get some boost in the upper 3-4k range. Not a lot of boost but i can feel it. I am not sure if this turbo is water and oil or just oil... still noob when it comes to turbos.

I want a good Garrett or something like that.. but I am looking for a turbo that will fit my current setup and be better than mine of course LOL

So this weekend was a nightmare LOL..

Got the car up on jack stands and was planning to swap out the old cat and pipes to the new and well the PO apparently went weld happy. the bolts from down pipe to cat are welded. Also they apparently for whatever reason welded the CV Axle bolt as well! Yay that is going to be a big pain the in the ass when i need to replace CV. So now I need to find for cheap because right now out of loot a replacement down pipe to cat..so i can just replace everything at one shot.

also started to realize that my brakes where not stopping well.. Got new brake pads and went to put on and discovered that my driver side caliper has frozen. Bought new OEM replacement now fighting with Air in line as i barely have brakes. Thanks to car gods I know how to engine brake LOL. Score 1 for manual Trans.

The struggle of working on our own cars. Lol but it's all worth it at the end though, keep up the good work!
Thank you, I am trying my best.. one part at a time LOL

If anyone has a extra Downpipe let me know.

So nothing new on my progress.
Currently investigating a brake fluid leak. Suspecting Master Cylinder as I can not spot any visual leaks.
This weekend planning on hopefully getting around to a few things.
-Solid Shift Cable Bushings
-Mounting 2GB High Rise Spoiler
-Mounting 2GB Side Skirts
-Some Detailing and Cleaning.

Anyone have to fix rust in wheel wells .. I have some and I think it will be a case of having a little bit cut out and new welded back in.

Still looking for a way to get my idle adjusted correctly. No access to expensive scan tool.

also still looking for a DP so I can mount my new cat, cat back and O2 sensor.

So this weekend was a bit busy for me.
Got the High Rise Spoiler Installed
Got the 2gb side skirts installed.

Not to somehow get this car painted :)
IMG_20160425_081104.jpg

Added a before and after photo of my car . God do i still have alot of work ahead of me and little loot to do so LOL.
13265879_10204772462670193_8077900736562579748_n-jpg.312772.jpg

List of things to do:
-FMIC
-Coilovers
-Paint
-DSM Link
-Body Trim
-New Wheels and tires
-New Headlights.
-New taillights
-Replace sunroof to stop leak.
-New Carpet
-New Headboard
-New Gauge Cluster
-Did I say Paint already ?
-Replace Valve Cover Seal
-Tune the hell out of it.
-New Intake Filter and Setup
-Walbro 255
-Injectors
-Clean and Paint Valve Cover
-Preemptive replacement and check of Head gasket.
-Fix Air Conditioning setup, had leaks
-More Maintenance.
-New Gauges to keep track of Oil Pressure/Boost ETC.
--Yawn.

Well it was a slow fight and the car won, Car has kicked the bucket.
She has been traded in and well moving on to my 3rd and hopefully the last eclipse.

The car jumped timing and bent valves and developed a horrible knock in the engine. Combined with the hidden rust my mechanic found I have decided to trade(already did) the car and look for something in a way better condition.

The mechanic I go to has worked out a deal with me and having a new Car built. New Paint, Rebuilt engine, redone interior and more.

More information will be available once the car has taken more shape and I create a profile page for it.

So I want to turbo my eclipse but I have the gs model and I want to buy a turbo kit and install it but instead of buying a pricy ecu and tuning It i wanted to instead use a gsx or gst turbo ecu and go from there since Im not building a track car I just want the sound and a little kick...I just want to know of thats a good idea or it that would work

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back