The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1995 Eclipse GS (SOLD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragnous updated First Dsm

Replaced:
Power Steering Pump, Master Cylinder.

Things I've Bought:
Serpentine Belt. New fluids

Things Done:
Oil Change. Tested Engine Compression.

In Progress:
Inspected Brake line and found one leak and I am going to splice in new 1' section to repair.
Than going to bleed the brakes.

Fixing up the interior. I need to find new push tabs to tie down the center console correctly so it does not rock or move.

View updates to this DSM profile...

So been running for a few days, has issue with idle very rough till I hit higher rpms.
Had to bypass a.c. Pulley as it kept kicking belt off.

Planning to clean out throttle body, replace coil pack and cables

Any suggestions?

Go to vfaq.com
They have they info you need to test the ISC, adjust the BISS, check you TPS, and your FIAV.

Go to vfaq.com
They have they info you need to test the ISC, adjust the BISS, check you TPS, and your FIAV.
Thank you for the suggestions..

Still investigating issues.

Recently had to replace water pump ... and found that moron before me had put thermostat in backwards LOL lovely right.
Cleaned out Throttle body still no change. Right now my suspicion is the IACV

Also I find that the Gas peddle is extremely sensitive. 3rd Gear going 40 is like 1% depressed.. extremely light tap... What is best way to adjust it

Update: Took apart the throttle body cleaned it up and whom ever did the replacement last went crazy on the RTV and was in all the intake ports .. yikes.. Also the IAC was toast.
Put pack together and running much better. Idle no longer sticking got it to idle at about 1k.. anyone know if this is good idle?

Well, blew the Rear main seal. Yay me.

hey this is shout out to anyone with extra parts.
Looking to get a new 420a engine. Just a used ( non rebuilt ) This is my daily so need to get it back in order quickly and cheaply LOL.

Also Does anyone have an extra decent clutch kit used! (Figured since I am dropping the transmission I might as well replace that too)

Sadly Ive looked this car over and it seems it needs more work than I really want to put into it since I want a GST or GSX. So gonna limp it along till i get save up some money to get the one i want.

Poor little DSM. Needs a paintjob or at least some plasti-dip to look smooth. Then again, it's hard to find these nowadays.
Agree I Do, Soon as I get some of the mechanical issues resolved I am planning to sand it down and get it sprayed..

Update:
------------------------
-Transmission is finally mounted back on the block
-Engine and Transmission are back on their bay mounts.
-Got the starter back in
-Working on the Clutch slave ( apparently my friend lost the screws yay) gotta go get new ones tomorrow.
-found out that my axles so old during the repair they broke so gotta order me a new set. Locally not bad about 110
-Hopefully by end of week I will be on the road.

------------------------------------------
Upcoming Work
-Axles
-oil Pan and Seal
-Valve Cover and replace RTV with Seal
-and engine bay clean out.
-Wire Management
-Need new hoses all around.

Got the new cv axles in today. Got upper and lower ball joints back together.. Should have wheels back on by tomorrow.Hopefully tomorrow ill be running again

However I was not able to tighen down the upper ball joint just keeps spinning when trying,
I looked everywhere on it for a lock or allen spot but nothing.. Gonna try to use Impact wrench tomorrow but anything have easier way ?

Attachments

• IMG_20151114_185418.jpg
    IMG_20151114_185418.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back