The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1993 dodge colt 4g15-->4g63t swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coltkelz

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 8, 2010
winnipeg, MB_Canada
ok i know there has been discussion on swapping out the 4g15 1.5l motor for a 4g63t i just want to do a stock swap with no mods done to the 4g63t and i am here to ask the best way of doing so. i have currently a bone stock 1993 dodge colt gl 5 speed with the 1.5l motor. i would like all the info and links you can provide for a STOCK swap. reading swaps with mods done to the new motor confuses me. all i want is to pull the old motor and install the stock motor from the donor. i request a parts list and a simple guide aswell as a link to a site for good wiring diagrams. thanks to all who help!

there's a guy over on 4g61t.org that makes an adapter to use a 91-94 4g63 motor/harness for the 89-92 plug and play, i think he also makes one for the 93-96 too so you should contact him, he also makes mounts

If you really want it to be like stock you need a 1.6L (4g61) Colt/Summit/Mirage parts car. The brakes, harnesses, mounts, transmission, axles, pedals, ECU, wheel size, sway bar, etc are all different.

Sometimes an original 1.6 turbo car comes up for sale. If you get your hands on one of those, the 4g63t will bolt right in in one afternoon.

EDIT:Oh wait, that's a 4g car isn't it? I never did one, but I think you need an EVO for a parts car.

i know the swap has been done with just using the 1.5l tranny and just splicing the harnesses together im not sure about the mounts though and thanks for the help so far and the donor can be a talon tsi

i know the swap has been done with just using the 1.5l tranny and just splicing the harnesses together im not sure about the mounts though and thanks for the help so far and the donor can be a talon tsi

from what i have heard about this is you use a combination of the g63 clutch and flywheel, but use the g15 plate that goes between the flywheel and block, i havn't look into it much so i don't know about wiring.

for some reason i can't register and log in to 4g61t or mirage performance. i think their websites are messed up right now.

okay thanks guys for the help so far but i am in the middle of the swap and i cant find the color codes for the wiring in the interior, i have searched on here along with alot of other sites. if anyone can give me the color codes it would be greatly appreciated my colt is a 93 gl 1.5l and the plugs for it are a green one with 9 wires and a black one with 10 wires. and the donor harness is a 92 talon tsi awd. both cars are stick shift. thanks again everyone!

ok so ive been going over all the diagrams and i still cant figure it out does anyone have the color codes a really need them. please help

these are the plugs i need the color codes for someone please help!
the talon plug with foam on it is white aswell.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also looking at a Colt with the 4G15 (1.5L) to pick up. My goodness it's hard to find one with the sibling 4G61T! It's sooo frustrating being a "stealth" guy and wanting to go with a Colt but loving sexy and want to go with a 2G or Evo at the same time. Aaarrrggghhh!!! :banghead:

there are 2 guys that make the patch harness for the 4g mirages to put the 4g63's in them
89mirageman and I

I also make the engine mounts to run a 6bolt tranny so you dont have to run a 2g tranny or the weak mirage tranny

your best bet for all the info ect is mirageforums.net

well im most of the way through the swap the engine is in and almost fully hooked up just waiting on a starter so i can crank the beast over and put some life into it.

To all that are curious, as to how to use the 1.5 colt transmission.

In order to run, the 1.5 colts cable clutch transmission, on a six bolt 4g63t you will need a flywheel from a 1988 Mitsubishi Cordia or the Tredia.

before any of you bad mouth this posting or the info, read what I have to say below.

NOTE: the 1.5 5 speed cable tranny is not stronger then a 1g dsm fwd turbo transmission[absent abuse], but it is stronger then the colt hydraulic operated 5 speed, if you don't have the money for a 1g turbo transmission, use the cable operated version till you can afford the 1g turbo transmission.

Last edited:
thanks for all the info and as for the use of the 1.5 tranny i put it in gear and i could still rotate the axels by had is this due to the flywheel?

solved this issue my release bearing wasnt contacting the fingers on the plate.
SOLUTION:clutch from 1g non turbo eclipse.(or so i have been told)

Last edited:
ok guys im having some issues sourcing a clutch setup for my build. i am using my original 1.5l transmission with the 6bolt motor. if anyone has a clutch setup for sale that will work please let me know.

i sourced and have recieved and installed a 1g non turbo flywheel and clutch

i sourced and have recieved and installed a 1g non turbo flywheel and clutch

That was the setup i was running with my 1.5 trans. If you get the chance and budget allows, I would run a dsm transmission, its well worth it in the long run. Run a 1g awd eclipse intermediate shaft and colt GT outers and you will get next to nothing as far as wheel hop goes.

ColtKelz, do you have any pics of the completed swap??
I am doing the same swap!
I have a 92 Colt, 5 spd., with the cable clutch. So I should basically be doing exactly, like what you did. I'm currently looking for a Talon donor car. There are several 95-99 Eagle Talon motors on ebay; So they are pretty common, in the US.
There's a Non-Turbo 4g63, for about $500.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back