The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Drag Race Build 1992 Pro Street Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94TSiAWD

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
Palmetto, Florida
Hello. Some of you might remember me as the owner of the red 1990 Plymouth Laser named Project Goodwill. I had to get rid of it because, well, life. I recently decided it was time for a new project. I'm calling it Pro Street Eclipse. I want it to have that old school feel. Big D.O.T. tires. Full interior, glass and lights. An automatic tranny with a nearly undriveable converter. All with a tag and an occasional street cruise.

I'm going to build the car to be class legal for True Street type classes to get started, but at some point I will refresh the car and set it up for SFWD.

The car starts as a Base Model, 1.8 eclipse with a 5-speed.

StockEclipse.jpg

I've started tearing it down in preparation of what's to come. I have some videos you can watch about it.

Here is the introduction.

I hope you'll enjoy following along. I'll do what I can to keep this thread up to date!

Last edited:
Awesome is it gonna have the big Mickey Thompson sportsmans out back and front runners up front? How about some retro 90s pro street paint?

Also I thought you were doing some sore of a sfwd car?

It will be a True Street class car to start and then will transform to a SFWD car at some point. So, the big Mickeys will be up front and the skinnies in the rear.

haha, for some reason you said Pro-Street and I envisioned it being RWD with a glide, and looking like the late 80's early 90's prostreet cars with a towering blown big block, ect...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back