The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Drag Race Build 1990 Eclipsalon GSX - Stock frame turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great job Shane. Looks like it's still bouncing a bit out of the hole. Any changes going to be made there, or do you think just seat time?

There is still a touch of bounce, but it's nothing like it was with the original springs. The set that was softer than this resulted in slow 60's without the bounce. I'll settle for this light bounce and the chance at those low 1.4's!

I updated my profile with the 11.000 at 123 run. Car went 124.83 on the next outing. But, still no 10's. Gotta throw a big thanks out to Tyler at Force for all his help on this thing lately. The crane 264s definitely picked up some power. Going to work on freshening up the motor during the off-season to fix the compression issues. Maybe I'll have enough motivation to try for a 10 again before going to a 16g.

Sorry guys. The head came off the car last winter and went to the machine shop for a valve job. I just got it back a little over a week ago. Also went to some Kiggly springs as the evo ones were pretty worn out. I need to order the rest of the parts to put it together but a 6 month old daughter has slowed car progress. I've also been a little distracted doing roadcourse track days in my other car.

I'm assuming the shootout is going to be motivation to put the car back together and get it out before the season ends on me again!

The car finally made another appearance at the 25th Annual Shootout!

AND IT FINALLY RAN A 10!
10.932 @ 123.13!
1.467 60'
6.965 @ 97.47 1/8th

I was over the moon! Over the weekend I made two 11.0 passes, and several 11.1 and 11.2 passes. It finally came together Sunday morning at at 11:36 with a good 60' and shifts (despite a shortshift on the 1-2 actually).

The 14b is now wearing the 7cm2 housing from my evo 3 16g, this is the one from Phil Beers with a 15* clipped turbine wheel. Boost peaked at just under 25psi, timing ramps from about 18* at 5000rpm to 25ish at 7k. AFR's are at/about 12.5:1 using E85. No need for secrets here! The car went 11.9 at 18psi peak and max timing of about 18* on the first pass of the year on Friday.

I had a scare seeing 13.8:1 AFR's on one pass as my fuel system was completely clogged. I replaced the pump and pre-filter and thoroughly cleaned out the post filter with brake cleaner. Glad I didn't damage anything, especially since this is still a stock 6 bolt block!

#3 on the 14b list, #3 to reach the 10's, #1 AWD, #1 awd to reach 10's!

I'll most likely get the car out one more time as it sits. I'll try for a nice weather day to get the absolute most out of it and see if I can chase down Joe Bucci. But, the pressure is gone and I really don't care to accomplish anything else on the 14b at this point. After that outing I will likely slap on my untouched (but rebuilt) 14b with the stock 6cm hotside just to lay down some numbers and see what the 7cm housing and clipping gained if anything.

Then it's time for the Evo III 16g and some mid/low 10's!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back