The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

17x9 +22?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offset is way wrong. You need +40-42. 9" is too wide. I'm looking into 7" wide wheels, 8" tops. I have rubbing with 225/35-18 tires on mine now. You would have worse trying to stuff anything that would fit a 9" wide rim under the fenders.

Offset is way wrong. You need +40-42. 9" is too wide. I'm looking into 7" wide wheels, 8" tops. I have rubbing with 225/35-18 tires on mine now. You would have worse trying to stuff anything that would fit a 9" wide rim under the fenders.

Amateur hour if you're having trouble fitting a 225 tire on your car. A perfect 2g offset is +38 but I like a little poke so i run +35 on a 17x9 with 255/45/17 with no rubbing at all. ( rear fenders are rolled though :p) Anyways, a +22 will fit however rims will be sticking out quite a bit from your fender. I've ran +25 before and it was tolerable for me, others said it was too much poke. Up to you at the end of the day

Amateur hour if you're having trouble fitting a 225 tire on your car. A perfect 2g offset is +38 but I like a little poke so i run +35 on a 17x9 with 255/45/17 with no rubbing at all. ( rear fenders are rolled though :p) Anyways, a +22 will fit however rims will be sticking out quite a bit from your fender. I've ran +25 before and it was tolerable for me, others said it was too much poke. Up to you at the end of the day
How bad would the poke be if I run a 215/40/17 on a 17x9 +25

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back