The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 16G Turbo Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercados Talon

Probationary Member
May 27, 2018
Canyon Country, California
Hello everyone I just bought me an Eagle Talon TSI AWD couple days ago and the owner said it needed a turbo rebuild but me being new to the DSM car scene would like to know what is the cheapest but durable kit.I also saw some people talking about turbo balancing what's that all about and is it mandatory?

Most of the kits available on-line really aren't quality kits. They have replacement parts in them that wear out within a few thousand miles. If you really want your turbo rebuilt right, send it out to somewhere reputable and have it done. It'll cost more, but you'll have a running turbo for longer. :)

Cheap? They start at $20 on eBay. It might fit, it might not...it might last 500 miles, it might not.

Durable? OEM MHI #49178-81210. Probably spend $100-$120 but the end result is OEM durability.

There is no in-between.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back