The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1450cc injectors too big?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedemon636

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2010
Williston, North_Dakota
I purchased a used set of FIC 1450cc injectors and I'm wondering if they are too big for my setup/goals? Shooting for +/- 450awhp.

6-bolt engine - stock internals for now
3" turbo back (catless)
Walbro 255lph
AFPR
FP cast mani
External wg
Holset hx-35 w/ BEP .55a/r hotside
Boost psi ? Probably start around 10psi
Dejon MBC
Greddy type-s bov
FP 4" intake
2G maf unhacked
FMIC
DSMLink v3 lite

May be missing a few things but that's the majority of it..
Can I just run the 1450's but just mess with the deadtime and make them flow more like 1100cc? Trying to still get somewhat decent mpg LOL

Yeah, that's plenty of injector. I have the FIC 1450's. And I them cleaned and they actually flowed more than there rated at, pretty cool.

I made 461whp.... Only on wastegate pressure right now, witch is 28-29lbs. And I do have a twin scroll housing, also a HX40. So, just comparing... might have to push yours more a little more to get that HP you want.

And MPG, idk, i got around 23ish with my crappy set up with FIC's 850 (pump gas). And I'd recommend E-85.

Thanks for the responses everyone! All my researching lead to 1000 to 1200cc injectors to run that set up. I happen to come across these 1450's for $160 shipped so I couldn't pass it up LOL. I figured with 1450's, it would be overkill a little, but will leave room for me to grow. I was planning to stay on pump 93.

I've got FIC Blue Max 1450cc injectors and have no problem at idle, part throttle or at WOT.

They are slight over kill for an HX35, but they run without problem so I don't see why to go with anything smaller. Saves money if you decide to go with a larger turbo later.

I run on 94 and meth.

Yeah, that's plenty of injector. I have the FIC 1450's. And I them cleaned and they actually flowed more than there rated at, pretty cool.

I made 461whp.... Only on wastegate pressure right now, witch is 28-29lbs. And I do have a twin scroll housing, also a HX40. So, just comparing... might have to push yours more a little more to get that HP you want.

And MPG, idk, i got around 23ish with my crappy set up with FIC's 850 (pump gas). And I'd recommend E-85.
you made 461 on 850s?or just 23 mpg on 850s?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back