The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

10 sec. goal, steps to that?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its just that easy huh? Notice how they could never build a car with that kit have it run worth anything. Does everyone here believe everything that a company puts on their website?

oh yes they do, the owner of the suprastore is selling his 915 h.p. (crank), I've seen it in action.... I promise you they can can install a kit for you that will push a supra past a 1050... but it can't run that kind of boost around town more like 500-700h.p. in the city. But the owner's can. Runs 915 all day long. He's even driven it in the rain before (very carefully though:D ) Supras are beautifully desinged machines and very capable of most anything you want out of it. But that's why they sell for 25k+ used....and rising. Dsms are great too. Not quite as much power capability, but they're a heck of a lot cheaper.

The 1050 hp car was my old car. I was glad it went to the current owner.
Yes it has that much power.
yes, it run 10's on dra radial.

Originally posted by benleyd19tx
oh yes they do, the owner of the suprastore is selling his 915 h.p. (crank), I've seen it in action.... I promise you they can can install a kit for you that will push a supra past a 1050.
The point that I was trying to make is that the car made that power on the dyno but never ran the times it should have and there was always a good reason why it didn’t. He could never get out of the low 10s with that even though SW with almost 200 less hp went mid 9s in a heavier car. That car virtually created the stereotype of Supras being dyno queens.

Trying to launch 1000hp on a 6 speed is not an easy task.

plus the power band jumps from 250 hp @ 4.5k rpm to 550 @ 5.5 rpm.
I have the Dyno sheet to prove it.

Trying to get to hook in first gear is a nightmare.
Now if you put a powerglide it and full slick 9's will be no problem.

But on the highway it's almost untouchible.

plus that Supra has $40k in mods alone not including labor.

I know this personally LOL!!!!!!!!!

With $40k you can make almost anything go fast with the right knowleddge and parts.

Originally posted by nowayout
The 1050 hp car was my old car. I was glad it went to the current owner.
Yes it has that much power.
yes, it run 10's on dra radial.

Damn, Supra's must have one hell of a drivetrain loss, or I'm reading something wrong.

So that was your previous Supra, that as per your sig put down 711whp?

Explain how it was also a 1050hp car?

Even with a 15% loss, that would mean 900WHP. On a side note, 90% of the Supra's I've seen have some of the shittiest looking curves per dyno plots. Plus alot of them, don't rev like they should.

Get a decent spooling turbo, and a 8k redline, and most Supra's will haul.

Still WAY too expensive though.

when I daynoed it at 711 it was at 25psi and with out using the NOS system on the car.
Guilli who owns it now dynoed it at 29 PSI with the 75 shot of NOS.

I hope this answers your question.

When I had the car 700 rwhp was the goal.
I made that and there was no reason to push it any harder.

Originally posted by rdrkt

The point that I was trying to make is that the car made that power on the dyno but never ran the times it should have and there was always a good reason why it didn’t. He could never get out of the low 10s with that even though SW with almost 200 less hp went mid 9s in a heavier car. That car virtually created the stereotype of Supras being dyno queens.

dsm peope kill me NO what it would mean is that the owner could not drive or 100 BILLION other reasons. :rolleyes:

Can the moderators find the ip of this guy, and find out the other name he TRULY uses to post on this board?

Then we can all laugh at him for TRYING to sound like a ricer.

alright everyone i got a question that kind of has to do with this subject i want to spend about $1000 bucks on a turbo i want nothing big i was thinking of either a T28 or a Frankenstein Jr. Can any one tell me which is better i want to be running about 17-18 PSI... THX

you wanna know what its gonna take to run 10's...take a look at my mods list. thats got me in mid 11's with shitty driving. good driving and some nos i might hit high 10's. key is STAND ALONE ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. dropped my friend from mid 12's to high 11's. get a good suspension and race gas and drive good and lighten the F#@K out of your car. my car is currently at 2872 lbs and still losing wait. about to gain another 60lbs from my 8pt roll cage. f@#k i have to loose even more wait... AHHHHHH !!!!!!

Will....this...thread....please....die.....

Regards,

Originally posted by EvolvingGST
there are streetable 10 second cars? OMG i swear its all myths and fables... cuz no 10 second car can pass emissions! i might be wrong but hrmmm.
fortlauderdale florida = no emissions gotta love it

Originally posted by AWDGSXownsU
you wanna know what its gonna take to run 10's...take a look at my mods list. thats got me in mid 11's with shitty driving. good driving and some nos i might hit high 10's. key is STAND ALONE ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. dropped my friend from mid 12's to high 11's. get a good suspension and race gas and drive good and lighten the F#@K out of your car. my car is currently at 2872 lbs and still losing wait. about to gain another 60lbs from my 8pt roll cage. f@#k i have to loose even more wait... AHHHHHH !!!!!!

Just wondering when you got the 1g EMS?

I'll throw $.02 in. This weekend I saw a true 10 sec GN. He drives it every weekend and it really is streetable. Of course the extra 2 cylinders helps alot.

Sorry 'bout the supra thing....I was talking about a different one I saw at an import vs. domestic race that was black and had the suprastore sticker on it. I just assumed that was SUPRASTORE'S car. Not that's it's any majorly important or anything, but just thought I'd drop that in....:thumb: Possibly the BPU Supra, but I think that one's red...?

it will never end...... NAAAAAAAAAAAAWS:laugh:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back