The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

HX35 compatible or machinable housings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throwback23

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 28, 2012
Boring, Oregon
Hey there, I've been looking at hx35 turbos from a distance for a great while and am almost interested in getting one now. I know its preferable to either get a custom twin scroll manifold or use a different turbine housing... that said I dont have one yet but i do have this old BEP 57 trim with a housing that looks like the one everyone uses on the hx, I could be way off but is there any way to know if it A, will just bolt up, B needs machining to work or C just isn't going to happen? It would save a pretty penny if it were possible as I can have things machined at my school. Lastly I was wondering what thoughts are on aftermarket hx35 chra's sold? Is it like anything else in that their generally not anywhere near as good a product ex. EBay 16g?

1) It has to be for a smaller turbine than the HX35. That rules out your BEP 57-trim as the vast majority of these used either a P-trim or O-trim turbine.

2) It has to be from a turbo with the same or greater distance from the turbine housing mounting flange to the turbine inducer tips. This rules out basically any turbine housing from a GT turbo because it would push the turbine wheel in too far, beyond where the scroll is cut into the housing....so the exhaust flow would completely miss the inducer tips.

3) Not all aftermarket parts are bad, but finding the better-quality parts can be a difficult venture that may cost you more than buying Genuine parts in the end.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back