The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Ets or greddy intercoolers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green97gstspyder

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
newark, Delaware
I have two fmic and am wondering which is better to run with my set up. One is a 7" tall 3" thick ets fmic or a big greddy fmic for a hx35 setup.

I had the greddy before and currently have the ets 7" street kit... I like the greddy for the lightness of their IC and I had 0 overheating issues with my stock rad and fans... I disliked the length of the pipe which to me isn't very efficient.

The ets street is a solid kit and if I had to do it over again I would get the ets esp with that size turbo

I just thought the greddy would be better due to it being bigger and have less heat soak. I know the ets has shorter pipe routing which is good too. I have greddy on there now but am getting ready to buy a parts car with an ets on it so it raised the question as to what would be better.

Also would my tune need adjusting if I switch?

Never. My temps are always around 10* F over ambient while crusing and pulls

At the track you can see the temps go down as the car goes faster through each pull.

I have the 4" thick 2g ultra race short route

This is the 3" one should I expect similar results?
I know the routing should be much better in turn would give quicker spool. Plus I am doing awd swap for my spyder so track times should improve dramatically. I was running 13.8 now on crappy street tires.

Well I'm not really paying for this one it's just a bonus so I guess I can't complain. :D

What's the hp rating on the 7" tall 3" thick ets cooler?

Look on ETS. The best 2g with pipes is just under 1k. I too wish i had just got an ETS biggest/baddest IC they have instead of the PR. The PR kit should be good, depending on turbo, for over 600hp but the ETS is supposedly around a 1000hp IC. Better, to say the least

I'm just surprised that the ets fmic even though it's smaller than the greddy is a more efficient fmic. I know the pipe routing is better. I guess I'll be switching when I pick up this car.

The ets I'm getting is a 7" tall by 3" thick by 26" long
The greddy is 3" thick by 20 something long and I know it's,way taller than 7"

I believe this is what I have now.
GReddy 24R Large Front Mount Intercooler Kit Eclipse, Talon 95-99

Ok after looking around I found the measurements of the greddy
24x12x3

Ets I I'm getting is 26x7x3

So the particular ets I'm looking at is smaller. So back to original question. Is this ets better than the greddy I have and if so it just surprises me a smaller fmic can be better is all.

Internal and external Fin pack density and Design especially when it comes to testing differences per Application and coming up with Proprietary designs goes a long way... :)

EDIT: More than a few options... As well ETS can built a kit to spec using a core design per request.

7" kit

10.5" Kit

12" Kit

The ets I'm getting is a 7" tall by 3" thick by 26" long

The greddy is 3" thick by 20 something long and I know it's,way taller than 7"

I believe this is what I have now.

GReddy 24R Large Front Mount Intercooler Kit Eclipse, Talon 95-99

Ok after looking around I found the measurements of the greddy

24x12x3

Ets I I'm getting is 26x7x3

So the particular ets I'm looking at is smaller. So back to original question. Is this ets better than the greddy I have and if so it just surprises me a smaller fmic can be better is all.

So you are looking at the smaller option because of a price difference when the real comparison should be the 26x12x3 ETS LOL. You are trying to compare apples to oranges.

The small ETS (7") should still be better then the greddy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back