The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Can you identify this 1g FMIC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehc14

Proven Member
Oct 21, 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
I was sold a car for extremely cheap that just so happened to be relatively built. Parts ranging from DNP manifold to GT3082R turbo, tial 38mm WG, and this front mount. I have absolutely no idea which FMIC it is and was hoping some experts could shed some light. It looks to be 4" thick judging by just looking at it. It's huge to say the least.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry, I've been away from my computer. He is correct.
Do you know if this FMIC could be mounted correctly to work on a 2g?

I highly doubt it would be worthwhile. It would take some serious modification to the end tanks and inlets. They made a kit for a 2g, you would be better off finding a used one if you're dead set on that one.

I highly doubt it would be worthwhile. It would take some serious modification to the end tanks and inlets. They made a kit for a 2g, you would be better off finding a used one if you're dead set on that one.

Honestly I just figured I'd give it a try. It's a massive core and right now I have a punishment. I picked up this 1g Talon for $150 including all of the parts on it that I listed above (GT3082r, DNP Manifold, Tial WG, SAFC, guages) and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if it might flow better! Thanks though!

The end tank welds are Absolute crap. No penetration at all. I kept blowing the welds, ended up taking it to a local welder who cut off the front of the end tanks, welded the back of the endtanks through the front and than put a thicker piece of aluniniun sheet on the front end tank and rewelded that

They came mig welded from kinetic which was the problem. So far its held 37 psi no prob

The core is amazing, if u can redo the end tanks and use it for your application its worth it. I doubt that It will be much better than the punishment u have in the long run

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back