The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Do I have an FP 68HTA TD06SL2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alucards_blood

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
I just got this turbo from FP. It was ordered during their holiday sale and it finally arrived this week. Anyway, it does NOT have a TD05H wheel like I have seen in pictures from other members. Any idea what is going on? I do plan on calling FP in the morning and questioning them about the wheel and hopefully I can get a part number from them. After measuring the wheel and searching around, I found that the specs closely matched that of a TD06SL2. Any thoughts or opinions???

Turbine wheel spec:
exducer - 2.115"
inducer - 2.395"

Attachments

• turbine.jpg
    turbine.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 716
Last edited:
Those specs would make me think its a SL2 style type of wheel.

SL2
- Inducer: 61 mm / 2.40 inch
- Exducer: 54 mm / 2.13 inch

but it has 9 blade, so its a 9 blade variant of the SL2. Pretty cool I must say, didn't think FP using a SL2 style turbine again. I know FP went with a 9 blade design for the new TF06-18K, there were a bunch of pictures of it at the SEMA show I believe, there are somewhere on tuners. Maybe its the TF06-07 wheel they used.

"The turbine wheel is a new TF06-07 mated to an all new billet 18KX3RC compressor wheel co-designed by Forced Performance." - Forced Performance
http://store.forcedperformance.net/..._Code=49S36-07000&Category_Code=Lancer-TurboX

It makes me wonder why they ditched this wheel when the FP18g seems to fail and come back with it for the 68HTA. I would love to know if there is any performance gains with this new wheel, I while back I remember FP saying that the td05h wheel was the best mate for the 68HTA

Keep us updated please

I called FP early last week because I was curious how far along they were with my order. I was told they were still waiting on the arrival of parts to complete the assembly of the 68HTA's that were on order. I'm curious why they decided use a larger turbine wheel without notifying me. I wonder if anyone else got one of these variants.

Would this be an upgrade to the TD05h wheel? And how far has this wheel shifted my powerband away from the lower end?

Since the 68HTA is now built from scratch by FP and no longer built using a MHI turbo, it frees them up to use whatever turbine they desire. Apparently they've reconsidered what many of us have known for a while....that being a compressor with the potential of the 68HTA needs something larger than a TD05H turbine in a 7cm2 DSM housing. ;)

Since the 68HTA is now built from scratch by FP and no longer built using a MHI turbo, it frees them up to use whatever turbine they desire. Apparently they've reconsidered what many of us have known for a while....that being a compressor with the potential of the 68HTA needs something larger than a TD05H turbine in a 7cm2 DSM housing. ;)

They were mating the 68HTA wheel with a bigger turbine for the Subaru platform for a while now. Glad to see them make the transition over to the DSMs

So now it flow 51bs per minute and has the following specs.

•CW Measurements - 51.2MM Inducer / 68MM Exducer
•TW Measurements - 55.9MM Inducer / 49MM Exducer
•Compressor Housing - 16G TD05H
•Turbine Housing - FP 8CM

So now it flow 51bs per minute and has the following specs.

•CW Measurements - 51.2MM Inducer / 68MM Exducer
•TW Measurements - 55.9MM Inducer / 49MM Exducer
•Compressor Housing - 16G TD05H
•Turbine Housing - FP 8CM

I think it flowed that much with the td05h wheel, I wonder if the SL2 style wheel increase how much this compressor can flow
Well not sure if the TW or turbine wheel is the correct spec now that we know there is a 9 blade 61mm turbine.

I think it flowed that much with the td05h wheel, I wonder if the SL2 style wheel increase how much this compressor can flow
Well not sure if the TW or turbine wheel is the correct spec now that we know there is a 9 blade 61mm turbine.

but maybe they added a 9 blade 61mm by accident, who know? Im eager to know how the OP's turbo will perform.

I think it flowed that much with the td05h wheel
Most I've ever seen was 47 lb/min with an unclipped TD05H turbine and a 7cm2 Evo III turbine housing.

The 51 lb/min rating was the *claimed* rating of the 71HTA, which no longer appears in their DSM lineup but also had a TD05H turbine when introduced. For what it's worth, the 68HTA listing still shows it to have a TD05H turbine by the specs.

but maybe they added a 9 blade 61mm by accident, who know? Im eager to know how the OP's turbo will perform.
An accident like that can't happen considering a TD05H turbine housing would never fit.

It will make reaching the compressors potential a lot easier and more realistic. It's like trying to max a 20g with 05h/7cm

I just got off the phone with FP and was told that it is not an 06sl2 but is a wheel of their own design. Supposedly it doesn't have a name yet... (Really?) Well, it didn't bother me any. I told the guy I was most concerned with how this wheel would perform versus the smaller 05H and I was told, "The new wheel will have similar spool characteristics as the 05H and will outflow the 06." I look forward to trying out the turbo but my car will not be on the road until sometime in Spring.

UPDATE:
After speaking with FP, I noticed they updated some of the info on their website about the 68HTA.
http://store.forcedperformance.net/PROD/NTDSMFP68HTA.html

Last edited:
It is a new Turbine wheel that will be replacing the 5H and TD06 turbine wheels in our DSM/Subaru line up. The people who get the 68HTA's with this new wheel are going to be EXTREMELY happy with it's performance.

-Michael

So im a bit confused here. I believe i have one of the original MHI HTA68 with an 8cm housing. Does this mean that these "new" HTA68 are an upgrade to my current one?

Man i would'nt mind upgrading my 68hta to this new turbine wheel. Im thinking with less backpressure, more potential can be had with this compressor wheel. I can see why they improved the rating from 47 to 51 lb/min.

Very interesting info! By fabricating there own turbine wheel rather than getting an expensive MHI, we can get more performance for a decent price! Good deal FP!!

Would love to hear spool numbers with this new turbine wheel, especially on a 2.0L. If it would be able to get 15+lbs on the stock converter, I'd be quite impressed.

Interesting.

My 68HTA, purchased a few months ago, has yet another wheel :confused: I also wish they would update their site to show the new compressor housings they come with. It's not a problem, but full disclosure about what I'm purchasing would be nice :rolleyes:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back