The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G auto AEM Series 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92talontsi

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 12, 2003
Fayetteville, North_Carolina
I am trying to gather some information. I just picked up a series 2 AEM EMS.

This is for my 96 Auto AWD Talon. I have read that it is not for auto cars but I know the ECU's between the auto and the manual are the same.

What I plan to do is do the kiggly wiring for full manual control of the transmission.

Now my concern is this. I installed the ECU and configured it but the car will not even turn over. So I am assuming this is due to the difference between the auto and the 5 speed as the auto has the Park Safety Switch.

I am wondering If I should just bypass the Park safety switch or since I am doing the kiggly wiring to the trans just do it that way.

Anyone else running the series 2 AEM in a automatic 2g?

As long as you didn't cut the wires for the Saftey nuetral switch the car should still start in park or nuetral regardless of the aem. Check that you have the Saftey nuetral switch adjusted properly. If incorrect it will not swing in park or nuetral. Also make sure you have the harness going to the starter plugged in.

As long as you didn't cut the wires for the Saftey nuetral switch the car should still start in park or nuetral regardless of the aem. Check that you have the Saftey nuetral switch adjusted properly. If incorrect it will not swing in park or nuetral. Also make sure you have the harness going to the starter plugged in.

I ended up figuring it out this morning after some research. I pulled ECMLink out of the car which I daily drive. Put the AEM in and it would not turn over.

Research stated that Pin 91 for the NSS had to be depinned. I removed that wire from the ECU and it started right up after I loaded a calibration to it.

Going to be doing the Kiggly wiring tonight on the transmission as the transmission is in limp mode due to the AEM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back