The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Mystery 2g GSX ECM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbotaln

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2004
hidden hills, California
Hey, I just picked up a new gsx from a friend of mine. The car came with this ECM that I'm trying to identify. The car is a 97 gsx and was an 11 second car about 14 years ago. Got if from the owner of imagine motorsports and it has been garaged for 14 years. It looks like it has an add on board with a socket and chip. Says xs engineering on it any thoughts?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Posted by Tom Dorris of ECM Tuning on an old Yahoo thread:

That's just a TechTom board installed into what used to be a non-EPROM ECU. I've got a couple here, both 1G and 2G, and they're generally unreliable. The "riser" plug thing they use to mount that board onto the ECU's PCB is not well supported and tends to develop disconnects that can be resolved temporarily by wiggling the board around a bit. But eventually it just comes back and the ECU will fail
to power up again.

The code on the EPROM will also be scrambled. That board does the unscrambling so the processor sees valid data.

Interesting, I'm curios what it is chipped for.:hmm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back