The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1.3 MAFT help with tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horizontalkev

Supporting VIP
Jun 28, 2010
great bend, Kansas
Okay when I bought the car the MAFT was already adjusted, but not perfect. I use a ton of gas. Wideband afrs at Idle & cruise 13-14 and WOT is 10.5-11. My questions are as follows:

1.Excluding the AUX knob and switches, the 4 dials on the bottom left to right are base, idle, mid & wot right?

2. When I messed with the dials to try straightening out my idle AFRs, I tried each knob from right to left to see which one effected my idle, and couldn't tell so I reverted all the knobs to their original location, after the car is super rich wot: 8-9 w/ back fire. When I adjusted the knobs I turned the car off each time. Why am I suddenly so rich? Does the computer have to relearn?

Any other tuning advice would be great. I have ECUflash but not using that until I am least comfortable with MAFT. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back