The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

AEM Tuning with AEM EMS v1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan_40

Proven Member
Nov 5, 2013
Breezewood, Pennsylvania
So I'm looking into buying this aem ems v1. I know it replaces my ecu and all that. But what I'm not familiar with is how it works exactly. Like as far as being able to tune with it. If someone could explain how you tune, I know with the PC but what values you would go about changing and stuff

First off a Heads up you might want to edit your Title...

But, In a nut shell if you don't know how to tune you don't want a AEM EMS...

You WILL be paying someone in the end to do it for you or will sell it if you need to ask how at this point.

As well There are plenty of Engine management systems to use that are infinitely more simple for the end user over a AEM if you are looking to learn this is not the system to do so on.

^^
Everything he says, and a FIRM agreement from me.
Not to mention that the V1 AEM DSM boxes had issues with long cranking during startup due to the way their code forgets where the CAS left off on key off. It makes for a fair bit of frustration during tuning.

The AEM EMS is NOT for the novice tuner. This is not a challenge, it's fact.

Well what should I get then? I got a good deal on this that's why I was going to buy it

Ok there's also a dsmlink v2.5 on the same place I'm looking at this aem. Would that be good?

The aem is really only as complicated as you want it o be. It's not outside of the realm of a novice any more so than any other system. When they first released it i think a lot of experienced people had more trouble with all the things it did for them. you could find youself working against yourself when you were used to the older generation of ecu's. The problem here is that someone who is asking what it does and what needs to be adjusted is going to be lost with any ecu.

I have a AEM EMS in my street car. I like the ecu i like there new ones even more. But at the end of the day if you have not tuned a car before buy what you have support around you for.

Forums are good but at the end of the day if you have people close that can help teach you how to tune the car and trouble shoot it for you that will go a long ways.

BTW on my 3 turbo cars i don't have the same ecu in any of them but the over all idea is the same with all three cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back