The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

link v3 plx gen 3 narrowband simulation, no combinedft

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94allwheeldsm

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2011
Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
So I'm hooking up a plx gen 3 wideband in my brothers car with link v3. The previous owner had an lc1 installed and just cut the o2 sensor out and never connected it back up. So I wired the plx 0-5v wideband output to the baro input(on 3" gm mat, no translator). I clicked for it accept the wideband through that and chose plx wideband. It does not move or anything when I log(also tried the egr temp, but theres no captured value of it, just egr solenoid, no go)
I also try to wire the narrowband into the o2 pin. It doesn't ocelate back and forth.
So I tried to wire the 0-5v output into the o2 and have it sim'd. Well when I do this it reads just .80 and doesn't move. If I uncheck Sim narrowband the voltage will read and ocelate between 1.65-1.71.

I'm figuring the combinedft isn't there because the ecu hasn't had an o2 reading stored in awhile.
The car was also warmed up. Not sure why its not going to closed loop. Any inout ? Thanks guys!

Also the Airflow sensor wire was cut when I wired it back up the car will not idle at all. Any ideas?

On a 1g, you can't use the EGR temp input to log a PLX wideband as it throws the scaling way off. It can be used with modifications, like a buffer circuit, but I don't personally know how to do it.

It should have worked on the Baro and Front O2 however, assuming the conditions were met:

externalsensorinput [ECMTuning - wiki]

For the GM MAF, you said you don't have a translator so you shouldn't need to check the Ignore IAT/Baro. However, how do you have the GM Maf hooked up?

For the Front O2 you have to either have Open Loop locked or the narrowband O2 simulation enabled.

It seems as though you had those right, but I'm just double checking LOL.

Are you sure you have everything else wired up right?

Is actual Wideband Gauge itself working right?

you guys are awesome thanks for the replies.

I just got off work early so I am going to go to the garage and mess with it some more. I will try to get a log posted ASAP. Is there any special instructions to posting a Link Log on here?

And everything was good to go using the Baro sensor input. The only thing I didn't check there was that the ECU wasn't an Evo 1-3 but, I highly doubt that it is.

I have the GM Maf hooked up with an ECM link cable.

The Wideband itself works great.

I am going to got back through everything also. I cant get a base tune going without this working.

Also do you guys have an idea why pin 10(Airflow Sensor(MAF)) would not make the car idle or want to run very long when it is wired back up? The previous owner cut it

I searched on the Pin 10 Airflow Sensor Input (MAF) and couldn't really find much info on it.

Most likely, since you don't have a Mitsubishi MAF sending the signal, it causes the car to die since the ECU sees 0 airflow for the MAF. It basically acts as though the car is geting 0 air, so it gives it 0 fuel and so on and that's why it dies.

Just a guess though since I couldn't find anything. Someone feel free to correct me or post concrete evidence.

Lucas Shoot me an Email and I'm sure I can give you a hand real quick and get this set up correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back